eleven.

of course, people found out about charlie's little ploy with the school newspaper. the next day, an entire student and staff meeting was called. celia walked with neil to the lecture hall, both anxiously awaiting a punishment for being a part of the society. she moved among the other members in the pew-like seats, taking her spot by neil.

meeks and todd looked like they wanted to throw up, but charlie only looked smug. the others ignored him purposefully, frustrated with the situation he'd put them in.

when the sound of the teachers' footsteps began to echo, all of the students stood up. "sit." nolan ordered , practically fuming. "in this week of 'welton's honor'," he said, standing behind his podium, "there appeared a profane and unauthorized article. rather than spend my valuable time ferreting out the guilty persons- -and let me assure you i will find them-- i''m asking any and all students who knows anything about this article to make themselves known here and now."

celia looked nervously to the boys next to her, who now appeared terrified. they all knew who was behind it, obviously, but no matter how frustrated they were with him, they didn't want to rat charlie out.

"whoever the guilty persons are," nolan continued, "this is your only chance to avoid expulsion from this school."

the sound of a phone ringing distracted him from saying anything else. celia watched as all of the teachers looked around for the source of the ringing, and she inwardly groaned as charlie, a few seats away from her, picked up a telephone receiver.

"welton academy." he spoke into the phone, still seated. "hello. yes, he is. just a moment." he then stood up, holding both the receiver and bell in his hands. "mr. nolan, it's for you. it's god! he says we should have more girls at welton."

the students around them laughed, but the society all shook their heads in utter disbelief. though celia thought charlie was being foolish, she was still nothing but worried for him when she took in nolan's expression.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

after what seemed like forever of anxiously waiting in the hallway for him to return, the group all alerted as charlie stiffly walked through the dormitory hallway to his room. celia, who'd been leaning on the wall by her room, straightened, looking over at him.

"you kicked out?" neil asked.

charlie didn't look at him as he responded. "no."

"so what happened?"

"i'm to turn everybody in, apologize to the school, and all will be forgiven." he explained.

neil was still worried, not wanting the group to get in trouble. "so, what are you gonna do?" he didn't reply. "charlie!"

charlie stopped outside of his door. "damn it, neil." he said, turning around to reveal his smile. "the name is nuwanda."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

celia was painting oils onto her canvas when someone knocked on her door. the soft patter made her assume it was neil, but she was surprised when she opened the door to see charlie with his hands in his pockets. "what do you want?" she asked, going back to sit at her desk.

needless to say, she was still hurt by his comments the night before in the cave. he had been her best friend, at least, the closest thing she had to one other than neil. and he'd disregarded her. and, for what, to impress some girls he'd just met?

"i'm sorry." he said, breaking the silence.

the girl looked over at him then; she'd never heard him say that to anyone before, even as a joke. "what?"