Chapter 2 The Bear +Anima Who Guards the Flower Field

I don't own any of the characters in +Anima.  I just own my OC Usagi.

Usagi, Cooro, and Husky were now on the road again as they could be seen selling Husky's mermaid princess wig to a traveling merchant in exchange for supplies they would need.

"Let's see what we could trade for water and food... Will this do?" Husky was saying while holding up the wig.

"I-it's a quality item, but... how come you kids've got..." the merchant inquired.

"Uh, b-because...," Husky stammered.

"Um... well, you see...," Usagi began while wondering how to explain that one without embarrassing Husky.

"It's a keepsake from Husky's sister!" Cooro suddenly said which sounded very convincing.

"Really...? Then I'll have to give you a lot for it," the merchant replied.

"Well that worked," Usagi commented.

"Cooro, these random things keep coming out of your mouth," Husky also commented to the other boy.

"Then, you want me to tell him the truth? Husky wore it in the Mermaid Princess Show and-," Cooro started to say.

"WAAAAH! Don't say that!" Husky shouted frantically.

Usagi sweatdropped while giggling sheepishly. "Come on you guys, don't make a scene...," she told them before suddenly looking back over at the merchant, "Oh by the way, do you also happen to have any clothes? For Husky, I mean," she asked while Husky was busy trying to beat up Cooro.

"Sorry, I'm all out of clothes. But I can give you this fabric," the merchant replied while getting out a flower patterned cloth which he handed to Husky.

Husky just looked annoyed by the flower pattern. "So... Are there any shops around here?"

"Sure. About half a day's walk from here, there's a village called Abon. It's a small village, but they have shops... And they're famous for their local cuisine," the merchant explained.

"Cuisine!?" Cooro suddenly said excitedly at hearing him mention food.

Usagi giggled. "Well it looks like that's where we'll be heading then."

"They're currently having some trouble though. I wonder if it's safe...," the merchant continued to say before suddenly noticing that Cooro and Husky had already started running off in the direction of the village, "Oh."

Usagi sweatdropped. "Yeah they're not listening anymore. Anyway thanks for helping us out with the supplies," she told the merchant before then hurrying off after the two boys, "Hey wait up you two!" she called out to them.

The trio soon arrive at the village of Abon.

"So this is Abon! Cuisine, cuisine!" Cooro was saying happily.

"Yeah, yeah. But first we're getting clothes," Husky stated, before thinking to himself, There sure is a lot of dust here...

Usagi was looking around when she suddenly spotted four people sitting over by the entrance to the village as they approached.

"Hey, you! You three have some business in this village?" one of the men demanded at seeing them approach.

"Um, well...," Usagi began nervously.

"We came to eat the local cuisine!" Cooro said happily.

"Oooh... Did you, now?" one of the men said.

Pretty soon the three of them found themselves being chased off.