03. old friend and wolves

chapter three

old friend and wolves

DAISY ALWAYS FORGAVE people way too easily. It was just in her nature to please people. So she easily forgave Bella when she came apologizing two days after the situation happened after the movies. For a moment she thought back to Bella's words "You don't have a life so you have to bother me." But Daisy only needed to hear one sorry and she forgive her.

After all, Bella was her only cousin and two of them had always been there for each other. Daisy just wanted the best for Bella and help her through this thing she was going through. Henry and Charlie Swan were the only brothers and Daisy's mother didn't have any siblings so Bella and Daisy were basically the only kids in both families while growing up. Which meant that they had always been close, even when Bella moved to her mother's, two of them would write to each other.

Daisy used to be there playing with Bella and Jacob when they were kids. Three of them grew up closely but after Bella moved away she didn't see Jacob much. She would sometimes see him because her father was friends with Billy, Jacob's father, and they would have a friendly conversation.

She was surprised when one day Bella asked her to join them. Apparently two of them had been intending to fix motorcycles in Jacob's garage. Bella was sitting near Jacob, who was fixing the bike, while Daisy was little further down, reading a book.

Suddenly Bella got up and shut down the radio. "That song was good." Jacob pointed out. "You don't like it?"

"I don't really like--" Bella kept a small pause. "--music anymore, kind of."

"Okay. No more music." Jacob nodded. 

"I was thinking if we're gonna do this everyday, and hopefully we will. We have to like fit some homework in there somewhere. I don't want Billy thinking that I'm a bad influence on you.

Jacob scoffed at this. "You influence me? Please."

Bella looked slightly offended which made Daisy chuckle. "Are you-- I'm older than you. So that makes me the influencer and you the influence."

Jacob shook his head. "No, no no. My size and knowledge base actually makes me older than you. Because of your gentle paleness and lack of know-how."

"I convinced you to build two wheeled death machines with me. Don't you think that make you funny, young and naive?" She questioned and Jacob stopped for a moment and turned to face Bella.

It was good to see Bella actually being happy since everything but still it kind of hurt that Daisy had been there for months for Bella and she hadn't been able to help her. Now she sees Jacob once and she seems like the old Bella.

"Okay. So where do we stand?"

Bella thought about it for a moment. "I'm thirty five-- and you might be like thirty two." Just then Bella seemed to remember that Daisy was also in there with them. "And Daisy's like twenty-five."