Chapter 2: Seance

——————————🕷——————————

A storm raged outside the Addams' house, as Gomez and Morticia stood in the doorway.

"It's a miserable night." Gomez said

I know, darling. Seance weather." Morticia replied. "Children, we're starting! Put down that antenna."

Wednesday and Pugsley were holding an antenna in the rain, giggling, hoping to get struck by lightening.

...

In a motel room, Mrs. Craven held up a picture of Fester Addams.

"It's unbelievable. This hideous creature and my little boy."

"They could be twins." Tulley said.

Gordon growled at him. "But they're his family. What makes you think they'll fall for it?" Gordon asked.

"You shave your head. We dress you up. No problem. They'll think he's Fester, they're long lost brother." Tulley promised

"I hope so Mr. Alford, for your sake." Mrs. Craven threatened.

"Hey, I've been the Addams lawyer for years. They're morons."

"Obviously." Mrs. Craven scoffed. "What about the gold?"

"They got this vault."

"Where?" Gordon growled.

"I'm not sure where."

"That's a problem. Isn't it?" Gordon mocked.

"Fester's been missing for 25 years. He and Gomez had some sort of a fight. And Gomez feels incredibly guilty about it. He'll tell you anything. Just ask. It's foolproof." Tulley rambled.

"It had better be, now get out." Mrs. Craven demanded.

"It's gonna be great. You'll get all the money I owe you and more. You'll see. Really." Tulley said as he swiftly exited the motel.

"This is it mother." Gordon said. "The one we've been waiting for."

"No more loan-sharking. No more store front scams."

"I get the gold and we're gone."

"And Tulley takes the wrap, and with all that money, we'll have no need for (Y/n)'s fortune, and we can finally dispose of her! Gordon, it's brilliant!" Mrs. Craven exclaimed.

"No, not Gordon." He reminds her.

"Of course not." She agreed.

"Fester."

Gordon's mother chuckled.

"But wait. Wouldn't (Y/n) get suspicious of us? She may be annoying and a goody two shoes, but she's not exactly stupid." Gordon asked.

"Don't worry, I already have a plan. We'll tell her that the Addams are evil people that have stolen money from us and that you're pretending to be their long lost brother so we can get it back. She'll go along with it if she thinks it's for a good cause, the little Saint." Mrs. Craven spat.

Gordon smiled at his mother's brilliance, and they both laughed.

...

Back at the Addams residence, Tulley, Margret and (Y/n) arrived in their car.

"Well, let's get this over with." Margaret said.

"You go ahead, I gotta speak to (Y/n) for a second." Tulley told her.

Margret stepped out of the car and headed towards the house. As soon as she closed the door, Tulley turned and faced (Y/n).

"Okay kid, remember the plan? If anyone asks, you're our niece from a distant relative. When Gordon, and Mrs. Craven show up, they're gonna pretend to be Fester and Dr. Pinder-Schloss. Once the Addams buy it, you're gonna stay here and help him find the money they stole from your Grandma. Got it?"