XLVII. Am I Crazy?

Chapter 47, Am I Crazy?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You what? You lost him because you don't know a damn good thing when you see it, I'm not losing him again. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

It's a Monday morning, I'm at the table drinking coffee while on FaceTime with my best friend Xiomara.
We were talking about our last year of highschool is coming up soon, we were nervous since we would have to be looking into colleges soon.
Once I finished my coffee, I grabbed my bookbag and walked outside of my house.

On my way to school, I decided to listen to the cassette tape and sing along to whatever music he put on it.
As I entered the building, I walked to my locker and opened it, only for it to be slammed shut by Meredith.

"Marilyn what a nice surprise!"

I smiled at her sarcastically, she rolled her eyes.

"I lost Jaden and, and magically you get him!?"

Meredith asked as she let out a dry chuckle, I pursed my lips and nodded my head.

"Looks like it."

I told her bluntly, she looked at me as she ran her fingers through her hair and scoffed.
I couldn't be bothered right now, I mean I wasn't having an attitude but like this isn't really a good time for me to have sarcastic remarks.

"I don't understand it! He shouldn't want you."

She spoke to me as I nodded slowly and opened my locker, I placed the cassette tape and player inside.
That's when she looked inside and snatched it, I watched as her face fell.

"He made you this...? Are you kidding me?"

She asked as she looked at the tape name, I was now getting annoyed and grabbed my tape and player back.
I placed both things in the locker before slamming it shut.

" You know what? You lost him because you don't know a damn good thing when you see it, I'm not losing him again. "

I watched as Meredith's lio quivered, did she finally break?
What do I do now? Laugh in her face and gloat that I finally have Jaden, or do I wait until she's really upset?

Anyways, I just kissed my middle finger and walked away from the girl who was starting to sob as she ran to the girls bathroom.
But where not talking about her, so I walked into the cafeteria and smiled as the whole friend group was there waiting for me.

"You okay?"

Javon asked me, I didn't even answer, all I did was pinch his forearm and laugh at him as he rubbed his arm.
It was all just for jokes, I never wanted to hurt him like seriously.

Unless Ashtray is actually dead in Euphoria then I'm gonna have to drag him, but other than that, nothing is ever taken to the heart.
The school day was really dragging, I hated when I was excited for school to finish and it just seems to not want to finish.

But since the bell finally rung for us to go home, bet your Air forces that I was outside by the time Ashtray got up from the tub.
I was just standing by the front doors, how slow can my friends walk?

"Been waiting for y'all."

I spoke out in annoyance as the rest of my friend finally showed up, Xiomara laughed at my mood and kissed my cheek.
Jaden grabbed my hand and pulled me into a nice hug before pulling away and kissing my forehead.

"I'm gonna head home, I'm feeling exhausted and this long day didn't help either."

I informed the group before hugging each and every one of them goodbye, I walked home a bit sluggishly.
But once I got home, I walked upstairs and took a nice warm shower.

I changed into an oversized shirt and shorts, I laid in bed and started thinking of the song 'If Only'by Dove Cameron.
Humming along to the melody, I sat up and grabbed my remote.

I turned on my TV and clicked on my YouTube icon, I searched for the song and listened to it.
As the song reached its bridge, I paused it and grabbed my phone.

I looked through my gallery and found a photo of Jaden and I from last year, we were at a carnival and he had won me a panda.
Way back from before we were even dating, I smiled at how happy we both looked but never noticed how he was giving me heart-eyes and I was giving them right back to him.

I rewind the song to the beginning and began to look through my gallery from last year, as the song continued, I hummed along reliving the memories I've created with Jaden.
Once the song reached the bridge once again, I was on a video of Jaden with my phone when I was playing baseball

"Look at how pretty she is when pitching, GO SCAR! I love you!"

I stood on my bed with the video replaying, I looked at the TV screen and began to sing the lyrics.

"Am I Crazy, maybe we could happen!"

I shouted as I looked at the video, I continued singing the lyrics as tears slipped.
I stopped singing and laid on my bed, going through my gallery.

Oh what a sad night this was, looks like most my nights but we're not talking about that.