lxxxvii. i am allowed no peace to go on my date night

chapter eighty-seven

─── i am allowed no peace to go on my date night

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

          𝕯ate nights were my favourite thing that Luke and I had put into place after hitting our 1 year anniversary. Once a week, we would do something together whether it was going to an aquarium, or to the park, or a nice date out. Tonight, Luke had thought it best to go stargazing on the beach that we had our first date at.

"Okay, come on, remember. I taught it to you!" Luke prodded at my ribs as I laughed, batting his hands away. "Look, three stars in a row."

"It's Orion. I've already told you this!" Luke then laughed, pressing a kiss to my lips as the sea calmly lapped at the shore. This was our break, especially as next week was supposedly the birthday that I destroyed Olympus on. Cheery. "Told you I knew it."

"I thought you had been ignoring me." Luke chuckled. "You normally tune out when I start speaking."

"That's because whatever you say is normally bullshit." He laughed again, wrapping his arms around my waist as we relaxed. I was distracted by my lovely boyfriend, not having noticed that a large pegasi was looming over us.

Boss gal! I screeched.

"What the actual hell?" Luke called, both of us turning to look at the horse.

Oh, it's you. Blackjack glared at Luke.

"Blackjack," I sighed. "What are you—"

Then I saw who was riding on her back, and I knew my day was about to get a lot more complicated.

"'Sup, Romy. Luke."

Charles Beckendorf, senior counsellor for the Hephaestus cabin, was smiling down at us. A month before, he'd rigged a Greek firebomb in the bathroom of a tour bus that was carrying a bunch of monsters across country. The explosion took out a whole legion of Kronos' soldiers as soon as the first harpy went flush.

Beckendorf was dressed for combat. He wore a bronze breastplate and war helm with black camo pants and a sword strapped to his side. His explosives bag was slung over his shoulder.

"Time?" I asked, both Luke and I sighing.

He nodded grimly.

A clump formed in my throat. I'd known this was coming. We'd been planning for it for weeks, but I'd half hoped it would never happen.

Another Love ─── L. Castellanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें