Chapter 1: Past Glory and Present Reality

Authors Note: Two year ago I wrote the mummy repossession and I am immensely pleased with the mostly positive reception it had received, however I delayed writing a sequel due to a wide range of personal events, shifting interests and learning new writing techniques which I am very eager to use in this story, without further delay let us begin.

_

1450 BC

In the new kingdom of Egypt Jeti the second, brother of the great pharaoh Menehptre and devout follower of the god Horus waged wars of expansion and conquest for Egypt while his beloved sibling reigned and governed the kingdom, for years the brothers remained close partners as their combined governance continued, eventually as his brother would father a daughter known as Ahmanet, Jeti would follow in his brothers footsteps and sire a child of his own, a son who would inherit the throne of Egypt much to Ahmanet's rage.

As Jeti embarked on a military campaign against Hittites he would win numerous battles with the blessing of his beloved god Horus before hearing the news of the brutal murder of his brother at the hands of his niece Ahmanet, learning of the dark deal she had made with Anubis the god of death and the underworld, Jeti ordered his niece mummified and cursed for all eternity before being buried in the royal crypt of Amu-Manatra alive.

Overcome with grief for the death of his brother Jeti prayed to Horus for revenge against the dark god of death before a sign was shown to him, if he was to find the sword of Horus and wield it against Anubis on the year of the scorpion then not only would Jeti have his revenge he would attain the power of life and death to command as he saw fit, as his grief turned into determination and rage the warrior and his soldiers prepared to seek out the sword of Horus to avenge his family.

However Jeti was assassinated in his quarters the night before his journey by one of Ahmanet's former servants, with the warriors death he was laid to rest inside Amu-Manatra until his descendants would summon him back from the underworld to quench his unending thirst for vengeance.

_

1954

NILE RIVER REGION, EGYPT

_

Within the  valley of the mighty Nile river various ancient tombs or long forgotten temples dot the landscape, within one such tomb the archeological preservation society is at work doing what it does best, preserving the secrets of long lost civilizations and cultures when governments fail to do so.

And it is within an ancient temple used for record keeping and the storing of relics by the ancient Egyptians that Jack Harper is instructing a new generation of archeologists, ever since the incident at Amu-Manatra two years ago Jack had advanced up the ranks within the society, becoming an instructor of sorts to up and coming archeologists on matters relating to ancient Egypt.

"So can anyone tell me why we know so much about the basic lives of the average Egyptian from  both the old and new kingdoms?", inquired Jack to his students in an enthusiastic yet patient manner while walking back and forth in place .

Standing before Jack was a group of youths consisting of differing nationalities and ethnicities, people from across the globe would cooperate with the Archeological Preservation Society to preserve and learn more about current and ancient cultures, thusly the current collection of students Harper had responsibility over were mostly amateur in their careers in archeology.

"From their records kept in hieroglyphics?" inquired one student with an expression of interest and slight apprehension.

Feeling a small pang of guilt enter him Jack knew he had to correct his student, while he was certainly happy that one of his pupils was expressing interest he would be happier if his pupil learnt the correct answer, shaking his head gently Jack clasped his hands together briefly before speaking his lecture.