26- Peace

Blair never realized how fucked up she was. She always liked to think that everyone else's lives were harder. If she didn't think things were bad then maybe they wouldn't be.

I woke up slowly. Last week of school. This last week was hell. I didn't want to go to school. But I needed everyone to think things were okay. I stood up and walked over to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror at myself and smiled. Tears formed in my eyes slowly. I took a breath and pushed them back. I pulled on white shorts and a blue crop top. I braided my hair to the side and pulled some pieces out in the front. Putting on some mascara I walked out. I grabbed my phone and my watch. I looked out the window and felt shivers as I saw Nate in his room. He was on the phone with someone. He yelled and threw it across the room. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked outside.

"Hey Blair," Geneva said as I walked past her.

"Hey G," I said giving her a fake smile. She furrowed her eyebrows and watched me walk out the door. I got in my car and took a deep breath. You're fine. Stop being dramatic. I pulled up to school and started walking in. I heard laughing behind me. Nate talking to Maddy. She touched his hair and smiled. I looked forward and kept walking. I looked at my footsteps. Almost reaching my locker I felt myself bump into someone. Jules.

"Oh I'm so sorry," I said quietly. She looked up at me and smiled.

"It's okay, my bad," she said. I sighed in relief.

"So, how are you?" She asked. I tilted my head in confusion.

"With Rue?" I asked.

"Well yeah that and your parents?" Jules asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Oh shit, you don't know?" She said in shock. I looked around and some people looked at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I think you should ask them," She said. I nodded slowly and walked away. I immediately called my mom.

"Mom? What's going on?" I asked.

"We'll talk about it when you get home," she said. I went on with the rest of my school day. Sitting alone at lunch. Avoiding Nate and keeping my head down. I finally got home. Walking in I heard yelling. Geneva and Zach looked up at me from the couch. I walked into the kitchen confused.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked. My parents looked at me.

"We're getting a divorce," my dad said. I furrowed my eyebrows. I looked over at my mom as a guilt face wiped over her.

"This is all your fault," I said glaring at her.

"You knew she cheated?" My dad asked. I looked over at him.

"That's not all," Zach added.

"She's pregnant," Geneva said. I looked over at her.

"With Rob's fucking baby?" I yelled. She looked at me as tears rolled down her cheeks. I shook my head. I stormed upstairs and shut the door. Tears formed as I tried to hold back a panic attack. My chest pounded and my mind raced. I held my head with my hands and squeezed my eyes shut. Stop overreacting. I looked down at Elliot's shirt on the floor. Elliot. I grabbed my keys and walked down the stairs.

"Blair, come here we have to talk," My mom said. I turned around and stormed into the kitchen.

"No, no you don't get to tell me what to do anymore," I said pointing my finger in my moms face.

"Blair I am your mother, you still have to respect me," she said angrily. I scoffed.

"Respect? I lost all respect for you when I walked in on you getting fucked by your coworker. And now your pregnant with his kid? What kind of respect is that? You don't respect dad, or our family," I yelled. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"You're supposed to be a good role model for us. A good mom. I mean what kind of fucking mom are you?" I asked crying. I looked over at Geneva and Zach. Geneva has tears streaming down her cheeks.

"But one thing I know for sure, is that you sure as hell aren't mine," I said walking away. I opened the door and got in my car. I held my breakdown together. She walked out and walked up to the window. As I started driving she followed. Banging on the window crying. I drove off and pursed my lips trying not to cry. I finally reached Elliot's house. I knocked on the door. He answered and looked down at me.

"What happened?" He asked. I shook my head and sobbed. I feel him wrap his arms around me and pull me into the house. He kissed my head as I cried into his chest. We walked upstairs and I laid down on his bed.

"What's going on?" He asked after a couple minutes of silence.

"My parents are getting divorced cause my mom cheated and is pregnant. Rue's in the hospital. Ash is dead. Fez is in jail. And Nate ra-," I stopped and looked down.

"Nate what?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Blair finish the fucking sentence," Elliot said looking down at me.

"I think you know," I said crying again. He got up quickly and walked over to his desk. Searching through drawers he pulled out a gun. My heart dropped as I scrambled up.

"Elliot, stop," I said walking towards him. He looked at me angrily.

"I'm going to fucking kill him," he said. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Please don't, just let me handle it," I said pressing my forehead against his. He shook his head and looked down. I grabbed the gun and set it down in the drawer. I shut the drawer and pulled him over to the bed.

"Just stay with me okay?" I said as we laid back down. I laid on his chest with my arm around him. Soft music played from his record player. The stars glistened in the window. I slowly shut my eyes.

I woke up a little bit later. Chills ran across my skin. I felt the empty space next to me. I sat up quickly. Elliot was gone. I got up and slid the drawer open. The gun was gone.