01 Shimura Tenko

At age three, you entered the system. Your parents decided they were better off on their own and only really had you to keep their crumbling relationship from collapsing. But it was too late, and so you entered the foster system. Because of your kind nature and healing quirk, a rare one that could stimulate healing as long as you had eaten some fruit beforehand. You had grown up in many different families, passed along like a game of hot potato once they realized your morals were strong and they couldn't exploit you like they had hoped.

Because of that you had long sworn off relationships, and consequently children. Adoption was an option of course, but you were still young and no children had clicked with you as of yet.

Maybe someday I'll meet the perfect child for me. It hadn't even been a few minutes since the thought had crossed your mind when you spotted a child in the street. It was your day off, so you had decided to get some shopping done. Your heart shattered as you took in the appearance of the child, he was covered in filth and what looked like dried blood. Hesitantly you took a few steps toward the child, he was shivering and doubled over in what could quite possibly be pain if his condition was anything to go on.

"Are you okay?" the soft voice scared him. Tenko had been on the streets for maybe 1 and a half weeks since his family had died by his hands, he'd never play with Mon again, never see his sister Hana or his mom. He would never be hurt by his dad again. But even if his father was bad, it was still better than being on the street. People had walked past him, once an elderly man had approached him but when he turned around the man had changed his expression and left with a don't worry the heroes will help you. But the heroes hadn't come and helped him, he had seen them yes but they had chased after a villain instead of helping a rough looking kid. He'd been ignored up until now, and was losing hope that the heroes would help him.

So when a soft and kind sounding voice had asked him if he was okay all he could do was look up at the person who had spoken. Before him stood a young woman, she couldn't be older than 25 and was looking at him so compassionately that he stopped breathing for a second. He reacted again when she slowly reached out a hand towards him. "n-no, don't tou-touch me I'll-just hurt you" he squeaked out, his voice hurt and his stomach grumbled shortly after. He crouched over in pain, sure she was gone by now.

Tenko jumped out of his skin when she sat down next to him instead, and handed him a sandwich. Slowly he looked up to see the woman frowning at him, great job Tenko now she's going to be mad, he couldn't suppress the whimper that followed. " Here please eat this, then we can talk after" the woman said as she handed him the sandwich. Tenko was confused, "y-you're, not go-going to leave me?" he asked.

That just broke your shattered heart even more, instead of saying anything you simply shook your head and watched as he took the sandwich with shaky hands. You took note that he was careful to not fully touch you with all five fingers, you stored that information and watched as he practically swallowed the entire thing in one bite. " Do you feel better now?" he looked up at you with those shining ruby eyes of his, that looked just a tiny bit more hopeful than before. He lightly nodded, and the amount of dust that came from his head in that one move was a testimony to how long he had been alone.

"Can you tell me your name, honey?" you smiled at him to ease his nerves. He looked startled as if he didn't believe his eyes and that you still stayed. "S-shimura T-tenko" His voice was barely above a whisper, yet you could still hear the distinct rasp that comes with dehydration. " It's nice to meet you Tenko, my name is y/n. How old are you Tenko" He reminded you of a shaking chihuahua, but you noticed that the more you asked him the more hope returned to his eyes. "f-five" his little voice answered. You took a deep breath before asking THE question "Where are your parents?" he looked so haunted as soon as the question left your lips.