Chapter 6

This needs editing, sorry....

————-

It's been a few days now and I still couldn't get past the idea that my Mom would most likely marry Ethan if he keeps on bringing chicken soup for her.

Everyday, Ethan would cook chicken soup and she'd gobble it all up, as usual. That's what she eats everyday at the hospital and even when she finally got home.

Like right now, I'm sitting here watching her slurp the soup straight from the bowl. She tipped the bowl upward and the remnants of the soup poured down her mouth as she swallowed it all. Some coming out of the corner of her mouth.

Ethan and I just watched her from our seats. Ethan looking at her in amusement, a goofy grin on his face. Me, frowning like an idiot and worrying about her. She puts the bowl on the table and drink water. She starts grabbing the extra chicken soup but I held my hand up to stop her. She looks at me, confused.

"Alright! You had your chicken soup. Now both of you listen to me." I pointed towards the two of them. I pointed at Mom, "You stop eating so much chicken soup and eat other healthy foods." I then pointed at Ethan, who was still smiling, "And you! Stop feeding my Mom chicken soup or I will castrate you" I threatened.

He was unfazed and grinned. Oh come on!

"Are we understood?" I narrowed my eyes at them and Ethan shrugged before placing his arms around my shoulders.

"M'kay. As long as Michelle stops bugging me to make some" He pecked my cheek and I smiled. I looked across the table and saw my Mom pouting.

"That's not fair! I love chicken soup! You can't take it away from me! I won't let you!" She crossed her arms defiantly and held her chin up.

I threw her a pointed look and said in a stern voice, "Mom. You are eating other foods and that's final!"

"B-but-that's not-you can't-Amber!" She screamed.

"Okay, how 'bout a deal. I'll let you eat chicken soup when I see that you're eating other healthy foods. Think of it as a reward" I shrug and held out my hand, "Deal?" I asked.

She thought for a second before shaking my hand and muttering, "Deal" I smiled and got up to wash the dishes. Ethan was laughing at the both of us and our childish antics.

"I'm gonna go to my garden and you stay here and do whatever you want." Ethan and I nodded before she walked out the back and started watering her roses.

"You and your mom are something else" Ethan's voice chuckled. He wrapped his hands around my waist and nuzzled his face on my neck. I giggled and wiped my bubbly hand across his nose. He gasped slightly and loosened his hold on me. I wriggled out of his grasp and looked at him, smiling.

He swiped on his nose slowly and gazed on his bubbly finger and looked at me. There was a glint in his eyes as he grinned at me wickedly. He placed his hand on the sink and played with the water while grinning at me.