3 • Fighting in Berk, What Could Go Wrong?

I walked outside and looked around the village.

No Stoick, no Gobber.

I went down the stairs and made my way into the middle of the village.

I ignored the vikings surrounding me and giving me weird looks. I mean, it's not everyday you see a strange new person with dragon scale armor.

I saw Toothless falling towards the forest. I thought, looking around.

I was about to walk away when came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder.

I jerked around to see a tall man with a pointy helmet.

"Are you lost?" He asked me.

I glanced in between two houses to see a giant forest.

I need to find Toothless in there before someone else does.

"No, but thanks." I pushed the man's rough hand off my shoulder and tried to run, but he grabbed my arms and turned me around so I was facing him again.

"Who are you?" He asked. I noticed other vikings surrounding me, some with weapons.

Looks like Berk doesn't take visitors kindly. Then again I'm dressed like a dragon.

"Let me go!" I shouted, trying to get free.

"Answer him! Who are you?!" Another viking said.

"What are you doing here?"

"You're not from here!"

People starting shouting from the crowd. I cursed under my breath and managed to pull out my sword.

The man removed his hands from my arms and looked at my weapon.

The vikings who happened to have weapons on them came charging toward me.

My sword suddenly burst into a flame, startling the angry vikings.

"Where did he get that?"

"I want one of those!"

"Who is this guy?!"

I glanced behind the viking to see Stoick and Gobber making their way over here to see what was happening.

"Stoick, I'm telling you, there no way it could be him!" Gobber said.

Stoick interrupted him. "HEY!" He shouted. The crowd of vikings all looked his way.

"Get back to work!" He shouted. The people reluctantly lowered their weapons and walked away.

"You, Hiccup." He said, walking up behind me. I turned around and put my fire sword out.

"We need to talk."

                               ***

The next thing I knew, I was in the chief's house, sitting in a chair opposite of his at a table.

"Tell me your real name." Stoick had said after he sat down.

I looked at him then said, "Hiccup."

Stoick sighed. "Hiccup what?"

I thought about that for a second. I never actually knew my full name, and I wasn't positive Hiccup was my actual name. I always called myself Hiccup because it was one of the few words I remembered from my early childhood.

"I can't tell you that." I replied after a minute.

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Why's that?" He asked.

"Because I don't know." I replied hesitantly.

Stoick sat up in his chair and cleared his throat.

"Where do you come from? I don't recall ever seeing armor quite like that." He said.

"Well things are very different where I'm from." I told him.

"And where's that?" He asked again.

"You could say I live a few days from here." I said.

"Aye. Just one more thing, Hiccup." He said. "I hate to inform you Berk doesn't react well to strangers who look like dragons."

"That's very specific." I said.

He didn't say anything, he just waited.

I knew where this was going, so
I sighed and slowly pulled the mask off my face. My brown, ruffled hair fell down onto my forehead and my forest green eyes shone brightly in the light.

After a minute of silence he cleared his throat. "Er, Hiccup," He said my name as if he thought it wasn't my real name. "You're welcome to stay on Berk until you can find a ship that will take you home."

I tried not to laugh at that. Please, as if I needed a ship.

I just nodded my thanks and walked outside, holding my flight mask under my arm.

669 Words