* 13 *

—•—

——

— Finnick pov —

I was too late.

I walked in to see Roland smiling like a mad man. He rushed to me and slammed his hands on my shoulders. "We did it! She remembers!"

Guilt is all I feel. When I dreamed about Roland telling me this I had a huge smile on my face and I would rush in there and tackle her with hugs and kisses. But now, guilt is in my heart.

"Aren't you excited." My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. "Your in shock. But the doctor said you can go in there." He started to push me towards the door.

"Remember Finnick Odair you hurt her I hurt you." "I'm afraid I already have hurt her." I mumbled as I walked through the door.

The doctor spotted me, he smiled and left. Cypress's head to turned. "Finnick." She jumped up and ran to me. "Finnick!" "Angle?" "Finnick, oh my gosh. I'm so sorry I didn't remember you. I love you so much." "I... I love you too."

I can't believe she's in my arms, I can't believe she remembers.

"I missed you so much! Oh my gosh, I love you more than you know!" "I love you too! And I missed you so much it was so hard to function without you." She buried her head in the crook of my neck.

"Finnick." She said.

"Finnick." She repeated.

"Finnick." Her voice sounded different.

I'm hit in the shoulder. I jumped up to see Roland. "Finnick are you okay?" His hand was on my shoulder. I look up to see Cypress asleep with the headphones on.

"Yeah. Yeah. What happened?" "You've been here all night." He paused and his nose wrinkled. "I say this with whatever love I have for you, but man you smell bad. Go take a shower."

I looked down and the distinct smell I smelt in my I guess dream. The doctor walked in with his clipboard.

"Doc! Hey!" "Yes Mr. Odair." "Please call me Finnick." My nose wrinkled at the name. "Please can you stop the hypnosis." "What?" He looked taken back same with Roland.

"Please. I love Cypress and only want the best for her and the best thing for her is to not remember. She remembers the important things." "Finnick, your important to her." Roland cut me off. "I know, but by remembering me, she'll remember other things and I don't want her too."

"I'll stop the hypnosis now just say the word." I looked at Roland then at Cypress. She's sleeping so peacefully. "Yes. I want you to stop the hypnosis." "Yes sir." He nodded and walked back into the room to take her headphones off.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" "Yes. Look, I'm happy as long as Cypress is happy. Even if that means she doesn't remember me." "You're a good kid. And your charm worked on her once. It can be done again." "Thanks Roland."

"Of course Finnick. Now seriously go take a shower you smell awful." I nodded and took one last look at Cypress.

Im doing the right thing. I suppose the more I say it I might convince myself.

—•—

A/n This was one of my favorite chapters I have written!!!! Hope you enjoyed!!

—•—