The Day Off

Tomorrow is the last week before final exams. They managed to raise their average scores up a bit, but it's not going to cut it during finals. If they take the time to study then they might have a chance.

Unfortunately, Yotsuba had to help the track and field club and Itsuki was forced by Nino to go watch a scary movie because she didn't want to watch it by herself.

That leaves me with Ichika and Miku. Currently we're in the Library having a nice chat.

"We still have plenty of time before finals, so it'll be alright." Ichika said.

"Cheer up Kiyotaka. We'll be fine." Miku added.

"I'm not upset. I had a feeling something like this would happen. I'm just glad you two are here instead of neglecting your responsibilities, that's why you guys are my favorite." I said

"Y-Your favorite." They both said.

They took my joke to heart and got all flustered.

It seems like their affection for me has only just kept getting stronger as the days go by.

What did I even do for them to like me so much?

I don't get romance at all.

You won't get anything unless you have experienced it yourself.

"We'll since it's just us today, you could either self study or take a day off." I said.

There is really no point of a study session if it's only the two of them. Anyways my relationship with the Quints won't matter after the finals.

"I see..." Miku said.

Ichika took something out her pockets and had a shocked expression.

"AAH! Why are these 2 movie tickets here? And it's the one I star in! What luck, you two should go see it!" Ichika said while shoving the tickets in our faces.

"Huh? What's with you?" Miku asked.

She wants us to spend some time together on our day off. I have no idea why she's supporting her rival in love.

"Ichika. Can I talk to you for a bit?" Miku says while signaling her to go with her.

"Eh? Why not here?"

"It's private. Kiyotaka we'll be back."

"Sure."

They began heading towards the back of the library. After they left my field of vision, I began following them. I made sure I didn't make any noise while I stood close enough to hear them.

"You don't need to push yourself to worry about me so much. I'm just doing as I please like I told you before." Miku said.

Looks like they've had a previous conversation about this.

"I'm not doing anything like that, silly."

"Ichika...Are you really alright if I got out with Kiyotaka."

"..."

"...Of...Of course, I'm going to be rooting for you." Ichika finally responded.

Her hesitation is a clear sign that she's lying. Miku seemed to pick up on it too because her face is full of doubt.

"Then don't regret it...because I..."

"Hey Ichika...I've actually already seen this movie before." I said.

I had to cut Miku off but I made it look like I just got there.

"Eh? What's this? Are you that interested in me, Kiyotaka." Ichika said while teasing.