𝟎𝟖 - ғᴜɴᴅʀᴀɪsᴇʀ.

chapter eight,
fundraiser.

chapter eight,fundraiser

2002

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE couldn't wait for the day that she could finally leave stars hollow and go somewhere else . . somewhere she wouldn't be the talk of the town at.

with small towns, such as stars hollow, came town festivities. on this particular day, it was the annual Bid-on-a-Basket Fundraiser.

and for once, Lorelai and Rory actually asked the older daughter to join them in shopping for a basket. she wasn't looking forward to the date portion, but she figured Jack would bid on it and everything would be fine.

"this one?" Rory asked her family, holding up a perfectly rounded basket. "mm, no" Lorelai immediately spoke up, "why?"

"it's too big. it raises expectations"

"like there's actually a home-cooked lunch in there?"

"definitely" answered Bell, grabbing the smallest basket possible. she decided she'd go ahead and buy some snacks (and a joint) for her and Jack to enjoy.

"this one's perfect" she spoke, now holding up her own. "ah, yes" Lorelai snapped her fingers. "alright. i'm gonna go buy this and i'll meet you guys at Luke's?"

"where else would we be?" Rory smiled at her twin, earning a nod from her. "kay" and with that Bellamy grabbed her basket and headed to the counter.

"Gilmore" it was none other than James Cook at the cash register, holding his infamous smirk as his eyes were unable to pull away from the dirty blonde.

"Cook" she smiled at him, "for the fundrasier?" he asked, scanning the wicker object. she nodded her head, "how'd you guess?"

they shared a small- and slightly awkward laugh. "you being forced against your will to do it?" another chuckle, as well as a shrug. "kind of"

"my mom and sister are doing it- so i figured, why not?" Cook nodded his head, "that'll be $7" he informed her, to which she handed her a $10 bill.

handing her back the three dollars, he sent her a goodbye smile. "get back to me on that date, Gilmore"

"maybe if you bid on the basket" she sent him a final wink before heading out the door. she completely hadn't expected him to do it- but boy was she in for a treat.

when bidding time came around, Jack wasn't the only one offering money for the basket. at first, he and Jess decided to jokingly bid up one another, that was until Cook popped in with a "$40"