Tillie

The car ride back to the house was a quick fire interrogation from four sides. I barely got a chance to answer one question before another was throw at me. I give little to no details, which pisses all of them off more. Jennifer the most as she just shoots dirty looks, I feel like we would benefit from a brawl but I won't be the one to start it.

Instead, I tell the basics. He asked if I was going to The Pit, I am. I might see him there, I might not. To which Rachelle responded by telling me if I didn't see him tonight, she would. Que the eyeroll.

Crystal all but drags me to my closet to pick out the sleeziest outfit she could possibly find. It was a hard pass, it's November and smuggling raisens is not the look I want to go for tonight. We compromise on a simple baby blue dress that comes to my mid thigh and my baby blue leather converse sneakers. I feel cute, but I can tell from the look Crystal is giving me that she wishes I'd throw on a pair of heels. I won't. I hate heels.

That thought of being cute is quickly bashed when we all congregate in the entry way when our Uber arrives. I am the least dressed up, I look like a troll next to four models. Lovely.
No turning back now I guess.

______

Rachelle with all her connections manages to get us right in, no waiting in line. I could kiss her for that, because I am already regretting my outfit choice. Goosebumps cover my arms just from the short walk to the door.

Once we're inside I'm hit by a wall of heat, this place is packed. I still have goosebumps but I'm not cold anymore, I'm nervous. I haven't been out since him and if I'm being honest this isn't my idea of fun anymore.

We make our way to the bar to order drinks. Jess, Rachelle, Crystal, and Jenn all order their regular drinks but I opt for a Jagerbomb. I hate carrying around a drink and I'm paranoid of being drugged again if I take my eye off my drink, so shots. It's quick, it's dirty and it gets me to the same place all of them will get to, just with less effort.

I down my shot at the bar and thank the bartender.

"You're so weird." Jess chuckles.

"Hey now, my hands are free to dance." I give my body a little wiggle and wave my hands in the air. When I go to step backwards my body hits solid muscle. I whip around apologizing. "I'm so sorry."

I'm too close to whomever this is when I turn around that I have to crane my neck to see them. God I'm short. My heart jumps when my eyes meet warm brown ones. Devon.

I have no idea what it is about him, I have never done this with a guy. I always have something to say, hell I could talk to him when we were alone but in public I can't seem to find words.

"It's all good." He's laughing and me, well I am melting inside. Whether from embarrassment or his gorgeous face I can't be sure. Also, he smells so good. Whatever cologne he uses deserves an award because I want to inhale him.

"We'll meet you at the table." Crystal calls out. I barely register her talking, I just wave over my shoulder.

"You want a drink?" He's running his eyes up and down my body and I can feel the heat in it. I mean hell, everywhere his eyes land on sparks like brush in a wildfire.

I'm glad it's dark in here because I can feel the warmth on my cheeks.

"I don't do drinks." A look of disappointment crosses his face but he hides it well. "But, you can take a shot with me?"

The first shot has given me the dose of liquid courage I needed as I smile at him.

"Shot huh? Are you trying to get me drunk?" The smile he gives, I can't explain it but it calms my soul. Which is welcomed because I am almost always on edge.