𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

I stood outside the hospital thinking, I couldn't just go home, I wouldn't be able to rest away from the hospital. Not knowing what's going on with Spencer.

I look over to the side entrance and walk over curious, I walk in and there's a few rooms. One of the doors saying staff only.

Hmm interesting, i quickly open the door, it was unlocked. There was doctor outfits in there. Bingo.

I quickly grab one and strip and change into it. There was masks and gloves so I put them on. Didn't want anyone recognising me.

I open the door again peeking my head out to make sure the coast was clear. I slip out of the room and close the door and walk down the hall.

I past a few doctors and my heart quickened at the fear of getting caught, they smiled and I waved.

I walked past a female doctor she puts her hand to my shoulder stopping me. Fuck.

"Where's you name tag, and why don't I recognise you?" She asks I look away and look back at her name tag quickly and look back at her.

"Jillian, stop joking around it's me Veronica, we were just talking the other day for like ten minutes and it was a very...interesting conversation.." I put her name tag in between my fingers and fiddle with it and get closer to her, she's the type to flirt with everyone and forget their names in the space of ten minutes.

She goes red and I smirk, always works.

"O-oh yes, I remember...What we're we talking about?"

"Oh you know.....How single we both are and the free time we have in the weekend, maybe we could...I don't know...meet up?" I kiss her lips and she smirks.

"Meet me later by the lockers." She winks and walks away.

No thank you Jillian.

I walk quickly down the hall and find Spencer's room, I look through the window. She laid in the bed with a bandage around her head and a big bandage on one of her arms and on her leg.

There were no doctors around her room and I'm guessing her mom was in the waiting room. I open the door and slip inside closing it behind me.

The room was dark and cold, the opposite of what it's like to usually be in a room with Spencer. When I'm in a room with her it feels warm and comfortable like being under a fluffy blanket in front of the fire on a winter night.

Now tho, she laid there not moving, no sign of life, the only thing telling you she's alive is the monitor hooked up to her. She doesn't deserve this. She was trying to leave, work on herself. Instead she got trapped in a hospital room barely breathing.

I walk over to the bed and sit down on the bed beside her. I lifted her hand, it was cold like she was dead.

I rubbed the back of her hand tears filling my eyes. I haven't even known here that long but it feels like I've known her forever like we've grown up together.

"God Spencer." I whispered wiping my tears with my other hand.

I leaned down and kissed her head.

"Keep strong love, you got this I know you do and I believe in you. I'll be here waiting when your ready to wake up." I smile and whisper to her like she could hear me.

I lean back and turn away looking at the floor.

"Ah." I heard a little whine beside me, my head snapped to look at Spencer and she was squinting and trying to sit up.

"Hey hey sit back down." I whispered.

"Julie?" She whispered and my heart filled with happiness hearing her voice.

"Yeah it's me don't be to loud or they will hear."

"Who? What happened?"

"The doctors, you were in a crash outside my place I came with you in the ambulance. You scared me you idiot." I frowned and I heard a chuckle out of her.

"God, only I would end up crashing as I try to leave town, huh?" She smiles and I shake my head laughing, she just woke up from nearly dying and she's already making jokes.

"You need to ring your grandma, I promised her I'd call her back when you woke up." She smiled and I handed her phone to her so she could ring her.

"Spencer, I have to go if they catch me I'll be murdered literally. I'm dressed as a nurse, I literally robbed their clothes I'll be back tomorrow I promise and thank you for the hoodie it's very comfy." I smile and kiss her head and get up to stand and feel her pull me back and kiss my lips.

I couldn't be mad at her now.

"Couldn't help it sorry." She smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Your lucky your body is basically broken or is best your ass." I smile walking over to the door opening it.

"Whatever, see you tomorrow nurse Juliet." She winks and I blow a kiss and walk out of the room laughing. I close the door and run down the hall to leave.

I run outside and take out my phone it was 7:56 am Jesus. I texted max and he was surprisingly awake and he could come pick me up.

I sat down on the footpath relieved, Spencer was still alive. If she wasn't I don't know what I would do honestly, she means more to me then she'll ever know. More then I can express, more then I can say more then anything really. Im her teacher and I feel things I don't feel for any other student, it's feels like I'm in a room with a celebrity when she's there in class. I don't know how else to describe it, she's amazing, strong, beautiful and so many other things. I don't think she knows how special she is.

Max pulls up and I stand up and run over to the car and hop in.