An excited little girl

Sixteen years later, Rory Browning was impatiently bouncing her leg as professor Kirke tried to teach her probability and something called combinations and permutation

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Sixteen years later, Rory Browning was impatiently bouncing her leg as professor Kirke tried to teach her probability and something called combinations and permutation.  She loved taking lessons with the professor. Truly. But she enjoyed them more when it was History or Literature or Arts. Even science was interesting at times.  Math on the other hand, had to be one of the most boring subjects to ever exist.  She sighed once more as she dutifully finished her worksheet.

She winced once she completed the last exercise. She knew there was no way it was correct. She might not be the smartest girl in the bunch but she had enough common sense to know there was no way a class of students could be divided in teams with 16.24 possible combinations.  Still, she gave her worksheet to the professor feigning all the confidence in the world.

The professor looked up from his book and started revising Rory's worksheet. He instantly chuckled once he saw the last answer.

"Not bad, " He mused, still revising her answers, "5/7!"

"More correct ones than I expected," Rory muttered amused.

"You underestimate your mathematical abilities?" Professor Kirke asked curiously looking straight into the young girl's eyes.

"More like you, sir,  overestimate my mathematical abilities," she retorted cheekily, "Math is boring , confusing and useless and definitely not part of my future."

"Oh do tell," The professor said, interested in what his young pupil will said.

"I will go to university and study something not related to math, problem solved."

The professor burst into laughter and Rory quickly joined him. Lessons with the professor were always fun. She enjoyed the freedom of expressing her ideas and opinions freely without the judgment of classmates on the way.

"I think you had enough math for today, how about a good mythology lesson? " The professor asked kindly.

Also a perk. The professor knew her favorite subjects and he also squeezed extra lessons for her whenever there was opportunity. Professor Kirke enjoyed sharing his knowledge with people willing to listen even if Mrs. Macready insisted that the professor loved his solitude.

Oh god! Mrs Macready! Rory looked at the time in the elegant wooden clock and nearly sweared. The only reason she stopped herself was because she was in the Professor's presence.

"I hate to be the one cutting the lesson, especially since we were going to cover Roman Mythology after weeks of begging," Rory said as she stood up and started picking up her books and papers, " But the Macready will have my head if I don't go soon."

"Mrs. Macready," the Professor corrected.

"Yes, her," She stated awkwardly.

"Well, off you go." The professor said with a small smile, " And don't forget to finish the next page of combinations and permutation exercises for tomorrow." 

Once Upon a Dream | Peter Pevensieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें