S1 ; Ch2 | THE DANGER BEGINS PT. 2

3rd pov

The next day, the three teens were back in the Hart household doing homework. Charlotte, Henry and Y/n were sitting on the couch working together. "Okay, George has six times as many dimes as quarters in his piggy bank," Charlotte started, but got interrupted by Jasper bursting through the door.

   "Ah, yeah! Ah, yeah! I got two responses," Jasper skipped into the house, slamming the door behind him. He walked up to the three excitedly as they turned towards him.

   Henry looked at him confused, "To what?"

   "My birthday party invitations. Two guys said they might come!" he spoke with joy, his PearPad in hand.

   "Who?" Y/n asked the curly boy.

   Jasper looked down at his PearPad, "Sidney Burnbaum and Oliver Pook!" The three teens give him a weird look.

   "Ugh," the two girls said, not liking the idea of the two biggest weirdos in their school coming to their best friend's party.

   "Those guys eat bugs," Henry said with disgust.

   "So? They're people," Jasper spoke with realization that they're not really the greatest party guests. He then looked down at Henry's new phone on the coffee table and picked it up. "When'd you get a new phone?" he asked, inspecting the phone. Luckily, Ray finally gave into getting Henry a new phone—his daughter demanding that he bought a new one because he was the one who destroyed it.

   Henry looked at Y/n with a look that asked him to help her and then back to his friend, "Oh, uh, mine broke so—what are you doing?" The boy inspecting his phone started typing on it, making Henry panic slightly.

   "You've gotta get this new app," Jasper said before walking away, still typing on the sidekick's phone.

   "Wait—what app?" Henry panicked, not wanting his best friend to see his texts with Ray or something that would reveal his identity.

   Charlotte spoke up and turned towards the two sidekicks, "Hey, you never told us what you guys do at your new job." Henry and Y/n look at each other before answering.

   "Oh, right, right," Henry stated before pausing, not continuing what he was saying because he couldn't think of an excuse. Charlotte looked at the two in confusion, motioning them to continue.

   "What. Do. You. Do?" Charlotte said slowly to Henry and Y/n, getting frustrated at their empty stares.

   "Uh..." Y/n started, but luckily she got interrupted by Jasper. The two felt relieved, and even though they didn't care much about the app he downloaded, they would much rather talk about it than what they do.

   "App installed!" Jasper exclaimed as he tapped on the phone one last time.

   "Oh, great, the app. Tell me about the app!" Henry said quickly. The three teens on the couch look over to Jasper.

   "It plays a million sound effects! Like—school bell," he stated as he pressed the phone and the sound of a school bell rang. "Cat choking on a hairball," he tapped on it again and the teens heard what sounded like choking. Henry, Charlotte and Y/n gave each other weird looks. "Ice cream truck!" Then the sound of an ice cream truck came from Henry's phone and Jasper danced to it with a smile on his face. The teens kind of bopped their heads to it, also smiling slightly.