18

Nervous. Jisung was nervous. Why, he asked himself. Didn't he meet Minho a several times already? Plus the texts they used to send?

This time, for Jisung, it felt different. Special. It felt like a date.

He tried convincing himself it wasn't one, of course. He didn't even know if Minho really was bi, or he had simply lied to Jisung for fun.

"Ji, relax." Jisung had called Felix over to help him out.

"He's gonna be here any minute." He paced around his room.

Felix told Jisung his brother had walked out the second Felix had opened the door to his bakery. He said his brother looked lost and didn't spare Felix one look.

Jisung cared the least bit about his brother at the moment. He freaked when his doorbell rang. "Fuck. He's here. He's here. He's here, Felix!"

"Open the door!"

Jisung hopped from one leg to another in hopes of removing his nervousness.

"It's not like you're meeting him for the first time."

Felix had plopped himself on Jisung's bed. He peeped over the window right next to the bed. From there, anyone who stood in front of the door was seen. Jisung bought this particular house for the same reason– so he could open the door for his friends and delivery guys only. And Minho.

"Jisung!" Minho smiled when he saw the boy.

"Hey, Minho."

Now Felix was behind Jisung. How he wished he could've brought Changbin with him.

"Oh hey Lix!" Minho had noticed him.

"Hi Minho! I'll get going, enjoy your date guys!"

Felix had to make it awkward.

"Haha, don't mind him. Let's go."

Jisung didn't know what Minho thought of him for sure, but he knew he didn't want his feelings for Minho to be exposed yet. Not by his best friend, at least.

"Come on! I know a great place."

The more they walked and spoke, the more relaxed Jisung got.

"We're here!" Jisung and Minho stared at a lake. The flowers had bloomed, the sun was bright– yet the wind blew their hairs. It was a great day for simply sitting on the boat and rowing away.

And that's what Jisung suggested.

"Oh, really? Uh... Sure let's do it," was Minho's reply.

Did Minho find this boring? Was he losing interest? Should he have picked a better place?

Overthinking was Jisung's speciality.

They sat on the boat and Minho immediately held his hand.

Flustered was an understatement. Jisung was jumping on his bed in his mind.

"I.. don't know how to row a boat." Minho looked nervous.

"It's okay, we'll go slowly."

Things were going very well until Jisung noticed a familiar figure on land.

Sangwon?

... With his mom?

And dad.

Jisung was anxious. He started rowing super fast, away from the land.

"We have to get out of here, we have to get out of here. Minho they'll take me back home. I can't do this."

With each row the boat swam faster.

"Jisung..." Minho called out.

"Minho, please. They're gonna take me home and-"

"Jisung."

"-I don't want to go back home, Minho. It took me a lot of effort to-"

"Jisung!"

Minho shouted. His family probably heard him. But when Jisung looked at Minho, he forgot about his family.

"Fuck. Minho, are you okay?"