Chapter 39- Cartoons and Keys.

"Would you like to watch it now?"

Brynn rolled her bottom lip into her mouth before she slowly nodded. They were actually going to get the movie for her.

"You do not wish for the original copy?" Zayne asked, using his fore and middle finger to drag the book closer to him.

Brynn didn't understand why he thought that was what she was going to ask for. "Just the move, please."

Zayne looked up from the book to stare for a few moments. Then, he nodded slowly, "very well."

Callan started moving around the island, "I'll go set it up then. We'll have it somewhere."

He walked past Brynn, Brynn almost turning to follow until she looked at Zayne, who looked at her.

She joined her hands back together behind her back, rolling subtly on her heels, then to her toes, repeating the action thrice.

Zayne made some form of movement, slipping his fingers underneath the paperback book and lifting it. He held it out to her, Brynn looking at the item, then up.

She reached one hand, her right hand, out to take it, bringing it back towards her chest and rolling back on her heels. "Thank you."

Zayne didn't say anything back and if he was going to, Brynn didn't leave an opening to because she turned around, following Callan's path to, what she guessed, was the big screen cinema room.

It was the cinema room Callan was in, one hand on his left hip and remote in his right hand as he clicked through the screen.

He seemed to have found the film Brynn had requested for, leaving the screen on the "Watch Now" button.

He placed the remote on one of the arm rests at the front, turning to Brynn. "Told you we had it somewhere."

Brynn grinned, looking over the screen. She was really excited to watch Matilda.

Reading the book over four times wasn't enough. Now she could actually watch it.

The only reason she knew there was a movie was because Penny had told her about it and now she actually had it in her metaphorical grasp.

She balanced the book against the wall by the door and took a seat, the seat to the right of the arm rest on which the remote was placed. Bringing her legs up, she watched the screen in awe already, as if expecting the movie to start playing on its own and the opening credits were the most amazing thing she'd ever seen.

She couldn't see Callan's face properly, but she knew he was looking down at her, so when she moved her head up, he gave a small smile, messing with the front of his suit and straightening up.

"You enjoy then, Brynn." The latter nodded smally, watching as he walked towards the door and playing with her hands on her lap.

Eyes trained on Callan's exiting form, she was quickly becoming more and more conflicted. From his shoes to the back of his head, she looked, messing her hands around more agitatedly and grinding her back teeth.

Then she made up her mind.

"Callan."

The man stopped, seconds away from closing the room door, with wide eyes. He let go of the door handle, "yes?"

"Would you like to watch it with me?"

Brynn brought her right hand up to bite at her thumbs hangnail. Callan, on the other hand, his face appeared to momentarily pause. Ensuingly, he nodded, "I would very much like that."

Brynn felt the ends of her mouth move upwards, "cool." Her eyes darted to the remote on her left and then back at Callan, who followed her gaze to the remote then back to her face.