𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰.

CHAPTER THIRTEENas i am an honest puck
——— ⋆୨୧ ₊゚♡ ⊹ɞ ——

A BLARING NOISE TO MY LEFT awoke me. i groggily rubbed my eyes and something felt off.

i was sleeping much closer to the wall than usual and an arm was draped across my side. i sat up quickly and tried to gently shake neil. i reached to turn off the alarm that wouldn't wake him up.

"neil, wake up!" i said with a raised voice, then covering my mouth because i thought i was being loud.

"what is it faye?" he said, smiling at me.

"you. you have to get back to welton."

"i don't want to go." he mumbled, turning over and putting the blanket over his head.

"you are not get expelled because of me." i said. i climbed over him to get off of the bed.

he rolled back over and looked me up and down. i was wearing my floral pajama set and white socks. my hair was probably a mess and i was only wearing the small amount of makeup from the night before.

"neil." i said smiling.

he smiled as he sat up.

i grabbed his coat, while he sat on my bed and rubbed his face. i put on my slippers.

"come on, get your shoes on."

"okay, okay."

i looked in the other direction to hide my grin at the sight of him. while doing so, i peered outside to see if uncle john was back. he wasn't, thankfully. he slipped his jacket on as we rushed down the stairs.

i fixed his hair while we were moving to the door.

"i love you, i'll see you tonight. you're going to do great." i said swiftly but thoughtfully. i was feeling much better, but  i knew i still had a slight cold.

he stopped me and kissed me for a very long time. our heads were tilted to opposite sides and both of his hands were on my arms. i smiled at him and i didn't even try to hide the red on my face.

"i love you too."

i followed him outside and waved him off as he made his way back to dreaded welton.

"bye!"

he pedaled off and i waited to get inside before i let out an embarrassing school-girl shriek.

——— ⋆୨୧ ₊゚♡ ⊹ɞ ——

"HI!" i waved from the front seat when the car door opened, letting in a cool gust of air.

"hey," the other boys said. charlie sat up front with me and uncle keating, while todd, meeks, pitts, and cameron sat uncomfortably behind us. knox had something to do with chris. we started driving and the boys were quietly chatting.

john was talking about something from class and i looked at the road in front of me. we stopped at an open parking spot near the hall and made our way inside. we walked down the aisle, and i sat down in the row of boys between charlie and todd. the hall was filled with chatter and well-dressed people.

eventually, the lights dimmed and someone who was in the play came out to introduce it. we clapped and i had a permanent smile on my face. after a few scenes passed, neil appeared on the stage. a few of the rowdier of the boys cheered and clapped and then their voices and cheers soon died down.

"thou speak'st aright, i am that merry wanderer of the night. i jest to oberon and make him smile when i fat and bean-fed horse beguile," then he let out a shrill noise and we all laughed to ourselves. "like a filly foal. sometimes look i in a gossips bowl in very likeness of a roasted crab and when she drink, against her lips i bob."