Chapter Five

As requested she arrived at his house on Saturday afternoon. Finding herself outside the front door was taunting but cancelling now wasn't an option. She pressed the cold metal of the doorbell causing it to make a sound that she could faintly hear from outside. The door wisped open moments later revealing the one person she hoped she wouldn't see.

"You're early" Mr Vaugnhn exclaimed cheerfully, displaying a smile that exhibited all of his teeth.

"Sorry, there was less traffic than anticipated, I hope that's okay" Lani awkwardly stood before her boyfriend's father who also happened to be her year 7 and 9 PDHPE teacher. She found herself putting all of her efforts into covering her obvious lack of ambition to continue the conversation.

"A candy that never arrives on time is a choco-late," he said as he opened the door wider and gestured inward to signify she may enter. A small laugh was forced out of her unwillingly in a poor attempt at flattery.

"I knew you two had a thing going on, too scared to tell me when I asked?" The way he made everything he said sound as if it was supposed to be delivered as a joke was more off putting when standing together in his house, alone.

"We weren't together at that point" she released a polite laugh whilst turning her head, pretending to observe the house but rather disguising the warmth that rose to her cheeks. Despite her best efforts he noticed her blushing and proceeded to say, "No need to be nervous, there aren't many standards to live up to based on his past relationships so I'm sure you'll be fine,". This comment was actually funny as she thought of the last two girlfriends she has seen him with. Unsure of how to respond she let out another laugh before he continued, "Apollo is right upstairs, second door on the left"

"Thank you" she replied as she headed toward the large oak staircase leading to the second level of their house. As she strode up the stairs he spoke again for the last time

"My wife and I will be out of your hair in about an hour, don't do anything reckless while we are out" she could see his knowing smile without even looking at him which she refused to do being fully aware of the slight blush from earlier had increased tenfold.

She made it to Apollo's room then slowly turned the knob to peer in.

"What have I told you about knocking," Apparently assuming she was one of his parents he hadn't turned around but continued shuffling through a messy drawer to find something. She didn't reply as she was busy studying him, her eyes being especially stuck on the bright pink and blue hair curlers tangled throughout what she had previously thought were his naturally waved locks. Unable to keep her composure she burst into hysteria, leaning on the door for support, causing him to spin around and come face to face with whom he thought was a parent.

"You're early, don't get too excited my parents haven't left yet" evidently not remembering the state of his hair, Apollos's voice had a smokey, seductive growl.

"I don't think I want to do anything with you while you look like someone's grandma" it took a moment for recognition to strike, sending him into an embarrassed flurry, shooting for the door behind her. Before he could escape to what she could only assume was the bathroom she grabbed his arm and stepped in front of him, creating a sudden nearness that felt all too tempting. She could feel the muscles in his arms tense as he studied her eyes. Lani moved fluidly making her way further into his bedroom, pulling him behind her, Apollo willingly following suit.

"Sit down" she had turned around to face him again as she spoke and he listened without complaint. As he sat on the edge of his bed, Lani followed but rather than sitting next to him, she moved behind him, sitting on her knees with her legs spread slightly, wrapping her lower half around his. He didn't speak, she could tell he was trying to figure out what she was doing with restless anticipation. Her hand met his hair and started to carefully pull out the curlers. His hair was more ethereal to feel than she could have imagined. The strands glided past her fingers effortlessly, exempt of any flaw. The way his breathing deepened as she slid her hand across him inspired her to deepen the touch. She felt him inch closer to her, his body heat coming into contact with what she wished was her bare skin. The feeling of him against her sent shivers down her spine, she concealed it but he knew what he was doing.