Profile and Facts

NEWJEANS (뉴진스) is a 6-member group under ADOR and HYBE Labels

NEWJEANS (뉴진스) is a 6-member group under ADOR and HYBE Labels. The members consist of Hanni, Minji, Danielle, Haerin, Koko and Hyein. They debuted on August 1, 2022 with their self-titled album NewJeans. They released their debut single "Attention" on July 22, 2022, followed by their debut extended play, New Jeans, which was released on August 1, 2022.

NEWJEANS Fandom Name: Bunnies (Tokki/토끼)
NEWJEANS Official Color: —

NEWJEANS Official Accounts:
Official Website: newjeans.kr
Official Website (JP): newjeans.jp
Weverse: NewJeans
Instagram: @newjeans_official
YouTube: NewJeans
Facebook: –
Twitter: @NewJeans_ADOR
Twitter (JP): @NewJeans_jp
VLive: –
Weibo: –
Tiktok: @newjeans_official

The name of the group, NewJeans, is meant to describe how the group will lead a new trend. Similar to jeans, which are loved by people of all ages and are trendy, the group will become an icon of this era. The name is also a wordplay on the phrase new genes. This implies the group will pave the way of a new generation in pop music.

ADOR, short for All Doors One Room, was established by Min Heejin (민희진). Min Heejin was the HYBE CBO from 2019 and 2021. She was also a creative director at SM Entertainment from 2002 to 2019. She worked with groups like Red Velvet, SNSD, F(x), and many others.

NewJeans is composed of 5 members born between 2004 and 2008. Their ages ranged from 14 to 18 years old at the time of their debut in 2022. The oldest member is Minji. She was born on May 7, 2004. The youngest member is Hyein. She was born on Apr 21, 2008 and was 14 years old when she debuted.

In terms of nationalities, NewJeans has 3 Korean members, 1 Vietnamese-Australian member, one Korean-Japanese-Native American, and 1 Korean-Aussie member. Hyein, Minji, and Haerin are Korean. Hanni is Vietnamese-Australian. Danielle is Korean-Australian. Koko is Korean-Japanese-Native American.

Members were selected during the 2019 global auditions by Big Hit and Source Entertainment and have been training for over 2 years.

Thanks for reading!