Chapter twenty four

Please excuse my grammar mistakes. I wrote this without editing it. My apologizes ahead of time!

Much love, Nickymb <3

By the way: The song on the right was mentioned to me through a message. This person wrote me and said how much she loved my story and how she found a song that fit Julio and Kelsey perfectly. I looked it up and I agree 100%. So I dedicated this chapter to her. She legit found the perfect song and I think you all should take a listen (:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"If you keep doing that we are never going to get this project done."

My hands are frozen on the glass tube in front of me and Julio laughs against my neck. My heart beats frantically as he scoots away, the warmth of his breath leaving my neck.

I have the urge to reach over and pull him closer, but I don't. Right now my grade was more important that Julio and his teasing ways.

"Alright. We can save that for later." I roll my eyes as I go back to pouring the clear liquid in the glass tube in front of me. Luckily Julio convinced Mr. Clark for him and I to use his room for an hour.

I don't know how Julio convinced him since he kind of hated us, but somehow here I am trying to finish our project while Julio breaths down my neck.

It was very distracting.

"Did I ever tell you how chemistry turns me on? Or maybe it wasn't chemistry. Either way, you standing there like that, all concern and focus on your face, is enough to make any man come begging on their knees for attention."

"Are you flattering me Julio?" I peek up from the tube to find him leaning against the table in front of me. His hands are folded lightly over his chest and a small smile is on his face.

"Don't take it to heart. I learned awhile ago if I flirt with girls I can get them do almost anything." His words are supposed to be teasing, but something tugs at my stomach.

When he made suggestions like that, talking about his past with girls, it made me hesitate. Maybe we were jumping into this too quickly. Maybe I wasn't ready for something like this.

What makes me so positive that I wasn't going to turn out like them? I mean he had me in his clutches already. He had me exactly where he could hurt me.

I have had crushes and boyfriends so many times I know this feeling. What we had right now was what I liked to call middle field.

Nothing was official yet nothing was too vague either. I was a spinning timer and either we would go toward total heartbreak, where we both knew it's not going to work out, or we go to the other side. The side where we get closer.

Where things become serious.

Where things can turn deadly.

Where things can become perfect.

What if I'm not ready? What if I mess up? I was so good at messing up every other good relationship in my past I'm terrified Julio will end up like all my other past boyfriends.

Hell, was he even my boyfriend?!

"Yeah, well, flirting won't get you anywhere with me." My voice is flat and I know it. I can't look at him, afraid of what might be on his face, so I focus back on my task.

Our project dealt with chemicals and the way they affected the physical makeup of an organism. It was beyond complicated and I chided myself for not getting to it sooner.