Chapter 11

Sky POV:

The dinner with my parents went good. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. My mom loved Paige even before we started dating so now she treats her like she's her second daughter which I find pretty funny.

The last few days we were in the Bahamas for the Atlantis Tournament. We beat Minnesota and South Florida but lost in the championship to South Carolina which was upsetting. But, we got to swim with dolphins which was pretty cool and Saylor is gone so I'm happy about that.

Now in the next few minutes we are playing Seton Hall in New Jersey. The starters today are, Paige, me, Christyn, Evina and Liv. They announce the starters, Paige and I do our handshake and the game begins.

At the first media timeout, which is half way through the first quarter we are losing 7-10 as we sit on the bench and drink some water.

"You guys have to start to box out!" My dad yells as us "You can't just expect the ball to come right to you. Move to the ball!"

"Guys the refs are hardly calling anything. Seton hall is a scrappy team so let's be physical back and stop getting pushed around" I say to everyone as we stand up and put our hands in and say "together" on three.

Halfway through the second quarter we are winning 30-19. We've definitely picked things up from last quarter but it's still not been a pretty game.

Seton Hall has the ball right now and they try to run towards the basket for a layup but Paige comes in and blocks it, grabbing the ball as I run down the court and she throws the ball like a football down the court to me for the easy layup as our bench goes crazy.

Once Seton Hall gets the ball again Christyn steals it and passes it to Paige who charges the basket before passing it out to me and I shoot it, making the three as the crowd goes more crazy.

The rest of the game has gone by pretty smoothly. We've been able to pick up on our defense which has helped our offense.

Paige is guarding the seton hall girl that has the ball right now and the girl starts running away from Paige and hits her in the face with the back of her hand. Paige falls to the floor but quickly gets up as her girl shoots a 3. Luckily she misses and Liv gets the rebound.

Paige dribbles up the floor and charges the basket and makes the easy layup and that's when I notice her nose is bleeding because she lifts her hand up checking if she's bleeding and she is. But the play is still happening so we both jog back down the court and Paige somehow intercepts the pass from Seton Hall, balancing on one foot in front of the baseline before passing the ball to Liv, before she loses balance.

Paige then passes the ball to Aaliyah who is under the basket and gets fouled as she goes in for the layup causing the game to stop. The refs also notice Paige is bleeding now so they stop the game, telling the teams to go to their benches so they can check what happened.

Janelle immediately walks up to Paige and puts gauze up to her nose to try to stop bleeding but Paige won't stop moving and yells at the refs "She hit me in the face" referring to the seton hall player.

I walk up to Paige and hold her waist so she can stop moving and Janelle can deal with her bloody nose.

"Relax. The refs are checking the replay now to see what happened" I tell her

We end up using this timeout as the media timeout so Geno uses this time to talk to us about the final few minutes of the game as Janelle gives Paige a thing of gauze to stick up her nose to stop the bleeding.

"Wow, that's stylish" I joke to her as she sits down

"I know right. I'm a fashion icon" She says sarcastically "Do I have any blood on my jersey?" She asks looking down at her jersey