𝟼; 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

The sun is beginning to rise up, and the retail businesses are opening for action.

The engines of many other vehicles begin to chug as their drivers prepare to bank an extra day's worth of income.

However, the two conflicted youngsters are still completely asleep in Nishimura's flat.

One has been knocked unconscious since her efforts to locate a certain person has drained her I: E Core.

While the other teenager has been drained from mourning over his sister's unexpected demise.

Ring!

Riki gets up and stretches after his phone alarm goes off. Tiredly rubbing his eyes, he silences the whimpering screen.

He looks at the ceiling, thinking about the news he discovered the previous night and the presence of some random Jester that his sister favours.

As a result of these thoughts, his frustration and anguish climbed back to him, causing him to shut his eyes tightly.

It wasn't until last night that he gathered the will to face the reality that his sister had left him. Even yet, he is still sensitive about it and has no desire to talk further.

Getting up from his bed, he arranges his blanket and makes his way outside his room.

Cre-ak. The door yelps.

Then, His eyebrows furrow, not out of anger or anything, but rather confusion at sight before him;

The Jester is slumped on the floor, surrounded by papers and boxes. Not only is she the one sleeping, but so are the strands of hair lying gently on her skin.

Her lips are parted ever so slightly, and her soft breathing is audible in the stillness.

Unable to suppress his curiosity, Riki approaches her cautiously and looks at the papers in her loose hands.

Jiro?...
He mutters under his breath as he squints his eyes to read the letters.

He later discovers there that his sister, Rumi, is the letters' writer. With that being known, his gaze turns to the remaining letters, and he reads them.

His breath hitches on each word and letter. It is later revealed why his sister hasn't been able to come to see him in years.

Including the reason for her death-

Do not interfere. I should only be the one to find him.

You woke up immediately as you detected a hand on the papers you have been using since last night.