9 || A Nuisance followed by a Confession

~~~~

I sit in wonder

Whether my dream will come true

A life by your side

~~~~

"You've grown a lot, Y/n!"

"Haha... thanks, I guess."

Y/n displayed an annoyed look on her face as her older brother ruffled her hair. He didn't seem to notice or he was just playing stupid. After the encounter with her brother's "friends" the other day with Kazuha, Kai had just come to her himself.

"Hey, you don't mind telling me who that guy you were with the other day is, do you?"

Y/n slapped his hand away and shrugged. "Why don't you find out yourself? Unless you're too afraid to ask?"

The two glared at each other. It has been years since they last saw one another, but both seemed to hate each other. Just by passing by the siblings, you could feel a large amount of tension between them. It wasn't a secret that the two had been separated when they were younger when their parents had divorced, but no one expected them to blame each other so much.

Kazuha had gotten back from the Crux when he found Y/n and a taller male arguing. He noticed how similar they looked. When he heard Y/n shout the man's name, he immediately recognized it from before.

Y/n angrily looked away and saw Kazuha watching. "Oh, Kazuha! You're back!"

As Y/n ran over to Kazuha, her brother pushed her to the side and began bombarding Kazuha with questions. Y/n fumed as she tried to pull Kai away.

"So you're the guy that was with my sister. What's your name? Are you from Inazuma as well? Do you have a job? No, wait. What's your relationship with my sister?"

"Kai! Why do you care for all this? Weren't you the one that left with dad because you couldn't stand me and mom?!"

Kazuha awkwardly stood there, unsure of how to reply to all the shouting and questioning. Kai kept pushing Y/n away as she tried to keep Kazuha out of the fight.

"Well then, to answer your questions, my name is Kaedehara Kazuha. I am a wandering samurai from Inazuma and I am... Y/n's boyfriend."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why would you say that?" Y/n sighed.

The two sat on one of the rocks on the beach of Guyun Stone Forest. It was nearing night and the sun was already setting. Kazuha smiled at Y/n's question, confusing her even more.

"Why not?"

"Because we aren't dating! I just can't understand you sometimes..."

Before Y/n continued her sentence, Kazuha leaned in closer and whispered, "Would you like to start dating?"

"H-Huh?!"

Y/n's face went bright red and she turned away from him, mumbling random words. Kazuha laughed and leaned back again to watch the sun set. Sure he was good looking and practically the ideal lover, Y/n wasn't going to deny that, but at the same time she hasn't technically known him for too long yet. It's only been half a year or so...?

(A/N: I may or may not have lengthened the time they've known each other for this-)

"You seriously asked that kind of question without any confirmation from yourself?" She replied after a while.

"Hm? Then..."

Y/n looked back, wondering why he stopped talking, but was met with a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"I love you, Y/n."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD I TELL YOU OF ALL PEOPLE?! PLUS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN YOU SINCE YOU LEFT!"

'I have no clue what's going on, but let's go with the flow!' Y/n thought to herself.

Kai kept shaking Y/n after Kazuha's statement, now bombarding her with questions. She sent a silent plea for help to Kazuha, which he noticed very quickly, and he stepped in. He took Y/n by her hand and pulled her over to him, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Y/n seems to find this a little uncomfortable so I hope you don't mind if I take her away."

Unlike how Y/n thought her brother would react, Kai wiped a tear from his eye and gave Kazuha a thumbs up. "Maybe I don't like you, but I already believe you can take care of my sister. Go and have your fun!" He said in a voice that sounded so proud and walked away.

The two blankly watched him leave, completely confused. Kazuha then let go of Y/n, before she was whisked away by the funeral director, leaving him alone.

'Perhaps I can let her know tonight...'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: POV - You read fanfictions of 2D characters because you have absolutely zero social life.