oneshot 1

a/n: this happens around season 4 btw

y/n's pov

Y/n let out a shaky breath, finally allowing the tears to escape her eyes and pour down her face.

It hadn't been easy.

Sure, becoming Captain Man's 2nd sidekick and fighting crime with him and Kid Danger was awesome, but it could get tough sometimes.

Really tough.

Like today, when that bomb exploded and almost killed her.

Of course the sense of pride and validation y/n had recieved for saving all those lives during the past 2 months was immeasurable; but sometimes she felt like this huge weight was laying on her shoulders, burdening her.

Knowing that the safety of everyone in Swellview depended on her, Captain Man and Kid Danger.

So here she was, sitting on the hidden rooftop above Junk-N-Stuff, bawling her eyes out.

Suddenly, y/n heard footsteps coming up behind her. Looking up, she saw it was Henry, still dressed in his Kid Danger outfit.

She felt her heart skip a beat at his sight, unable to surpress her feelings for him even when she was in the middle of a crying session.

Henry sat down close to her, his legs dangling off the rooftop next to hers.

"Hey loser", y/n greeted him, failing awfully at trying to mask her sadness. Henry ignored it and looked at her worriedly.

"Hey, you okay? What's wrong?"

Y/n sighed, running her hands through her hair.

"It's complicated."

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Henry said, tilting his head.

Y/n turned to look at him. "Promise not to tell Ray?" she asked the blonde who furrowed his brows but then nodded reassuringly.

"Promise"

"Okay." The girl cleared her throat, wiping her tears.

"I guess...I've been feeling kind of. overwhelmed lately? From all the crime fighting. Don't get me wrong, this job is the best thing that's ever happened to me, and these past few weeks have been a total blast. But sometimes I guess the thought of so many people's lives depending on me feels like a little much, you know?" y/n explained, avoiding eye contact.

"I feel like I can't really talk to anyone about it. I'm scared Ray's gonna fire me, and you always seem so contained and optimistic even in the scariest situation. I just didn't want you guys to think I'm weak or something."

She shrugged, her arms dropping to her sides.

"Y/n. Look at me" Henry said. The girl turned her head to look at him, a resigned smile on her face.

"I get it. Trust me, when I first started fighting crime, I was just as terrified as you. I would stay up at night, worrying if I was competent enough for the job."

He sighed, staring off into space.

"But with time, it got easier. I learned how to handle it and to trust my instincts. I grew into it. I know it can feel like a lot to handle sometimes, but just know that if everything gets too much, if shit ever gets over your head, I'll be there." he said, his brown eyes boring into hers.

Y/n felt her cheeks heat up when Henry grabbed her gloved hand and squeezed it softly.

"You don't have to be a hero all the time."

Y/n's eyes widened, feeling her hart race in her chest. (see what i did there?)

Without thinking, she leaned in and pressed her lips onto his.

She felt him stiff up in surprise and instantly pulled back, worried he didn't feel the same.

But all her worries vanished into thin air when Henry leaned over and connected their lips once again, intertwining their fingers. Y/n smiled into the kiss, deepening it before they finally broke apart.

a/n: #these will also be available on ao3 where you can find me at @deethrewup

#henrydanger #henryhart #henrydangeroneshot #henryhartxreader #henrydangerangst #henrydangerfluff
#i wrote this instead of working on my assignment #i hope its not too ooc #im definitely not dumping all my negative emotions in here #using capital letters feels so uncomfortable #im sorry if the ending was abrupt #also writing straight fanfiction feels so weird but im head over heels in love with henry hart deal with it #i know this is not how tags work but im doing it anyways #stay safe xx