-Epilogue-

The next morning came slowly with a sleepless night that no one was able to escape the reality of.

     So many people died causing a lot of bodies to be covered where they had fallen, and so many kids were taken including Aris, Sonya, and Minho.

     The air was still cool yet the sun shone bright over the sorrowful state of most the remaining people. Small fires were still burning across the wrecked camp and almost everything was destroyed.

     Evelyn was sat on a stone shaking her head at the sight, her eyes completely tired and throat dry from the cries that left her system the night prior. Her best friend was taken from her, just ripped from her grasp and now her expression held so much unresolved anger. So much more than before.

     "What do we do now?" Fry questioned no one particular sitting close to Evelyn.

     "Well we pick up what's left of us. Stick to the plan, and take kids to the Safe Haven." Vince said standing up and looking over the ruins of the camp he'd built. "We start over I guess."

     "I'm not going with you." Thomas spoke as he too stood to his feet and slung a backpack around his torso, Evelyn having a feeling there was a sort of speech coming so she prepared herself to agree with whatever preposterous plan he would come up with.

     "What?" Vince said.

     "I made a promise to Minho...that I wouldn't leave him behind, that I'd go after him."

     "Hey kid, look around you." Vince lifted his arms and gestured to result from last nights events. "Alright, WICKD just kicked our ass. Think about where you're headed."

     "I'm not asking anyone to come with me." Thomas shrugged.

      "Yeah well it's nonnegotiable with me so..." Evelyn said throwing her jacket on before her backpack as Newt looked at the boy.

     "Thomas listen to me. I've known Minho...well as long as I can remember. So if there's anyway we could help him, trust me I will be up there standing next to you. This what you're talking about, is impossible." Newt stated very seriously to the boy.

     "More like suicide." Jorge added, Brenda and himself walking to join the group.

     "Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now." He grabbed a rifle and but it I've his shoulder. "It's not just about Minho. It's about all of us. It's about everyone WICKED's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige."

     Everyone nodded along finally finding a glimpse of hope at his words.

     "I have to admit...I'd like some revenge." Harriet spoke up from beside Vince, Evelyns lips quirking up at that.

     "Well, that's a good speech kid." Vince smiled at the boy. "So, what's your plan?"

____________________

Hey y'all!

  It's done!

  This one was a lot better and more fun to write them first one if I'm honest but I love them dearly and Evelyn is close to taking top spot for my favorite OC and I have quite a few, published and unpublished.

  Thank you all so, so much for reading I'm so grateful to anyone who's sticked it out for the entire book so again thanks!

  I really hope you enjoyed because there's still more to come! Stay tuned for the third and final book which I will start working on right away.

  See y'all next time!