Chapter 1: horror camp

(Y/n) pov

Finally it was the day where we can leave the summer camp. I already gave my bags to Kaitlyn so no need to interact to anyone else. I sat by the office door so I could get my phone from Mr H. I played with my bracelet hearing Dylan and Nick mess with Jacob. I never really like them. I mean Dylan was funny but Nick and Jacob always tried to make a fool out of me.

Just because I don't talk doesn't mean I'm completely useless. Anyways Mr H finally came out and he handed me my phone. Dylan and Nick came rushing grabbing the rest of everyone's phones and running out. "Well let's get going (Y/n) I'm pretty sure your family can't wait to get you back." I nodded with a smile. It's not like I could tell him the truth.

I walked outside to see Dylan and Jacob arguing about his phone. I just ignored and walked down the stairs. "Yo (Y/n) since camp is done are you finally gonna talk." Jacob said waving at me. I stared at him dead in the eye. "I guess that's a no." He sighed. "Aw come on (Y/n). Does your voice only come when the campers are around?" Dylan spoke placing a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at the ground as they started a different conversation. Then Emma and Abi came. "Alright so where is Ryan?" Kaitlyn asked. "I don't know probably off being all brooding and mysterious and alluring somewhere." Dylan said. "I'm here." Ryan spoke coming out from his hiding spot. They all started talking about his podcast. I've listened to enough with him.

Mr H came out to see what the hold up was and well we did need the key in order to leave. I wish I could've stayed a bit long I could've found out more about what truly happened. Ryan went to help out Mr H and now I just had to zone out everyone and wait. Wait as the failed attempts between Jacob and Emma well more of Jacob. The weird vibe between Abi and Nick.

Finally Ryan and Mr H came with the key and now it was time to kiss this place goodbye. Jacob went to start the car and well it didn't start. Mr H seemed a bit anxious to get the car started. He even went as far as shouting about how we should be out of here. Jacob seemed really chill about it which of course seemed pretty obvious to me why the car wasn't starting.

Mr H got in his car and talked to Ryan and left. Guess we're stuck for one night. Dylan started suggesting a party. I wasn't interested what so ever. The group tried to get Ryan in it. "(Y/n)?" I looked up to make eye contact with Ryan. "You in?" I stayed quiet and Jacob started talking. "Bro ain't no way you tryna get her into it. I mean no offense but I wasn't gonna say shit to her."

I stared at the floor. "Dude shut the fuck up." Ryan said. A hand was placed on my shoulder. "Come on. One night with all of us won't kill you." I looked at him then looked away and sighed. "Fine." Emma cheered as the others applauded. "Let's get this party going!"

Ryan basically pulled me with him and Dylan to Mr H office to charge our phones. I didn't really do anything just watched as Dylan messed around in the office and Ryan telling him to stop if he felt like Dylan was invading Mr H privacy. It wasn't until Dylan stepped on a certain area behind Mr H desk where we discovered a secret hatch. I pulled it open while hearing Dylan and Ryan arguing about what it could be.

"(Y/n) you go down first." Dylan said. I looked up at him. "No no she's not going down there. You can go down if you want but she isn't." Ryan spoke as he pulled me up. "Alright alright I'll go." Dylan put his hands up. He went down the ladder. "Oh my god! You guys won't believe it!" Dylan shouted. "What?" Ryan asked. "It's nothing." I rolled my eyes. "I had you guys for a second?" I could hear Dylan's smile.

He eventually got back up and snooped around the desk. He found a folder about two people who were supposed to be here but never showed up. Dylan was somehow able to convince Ryan to give him the keys so he could open a closet. But when he moved through some of the clothes he found a room behind it.

When we walked in there was a whole bunch of computers showing different trails. 'You're trying to find him too, huh?' Ryan made some excuses about why Mr H even had them but Dylan and I weren't too convinced. Ryan tugged my arm and we left the room. Eventually Dylan walked out and since our phones were charged we finally were able to leave.

We went the campfire where Kaitlyn was and Dylan started telling her what we found. Kaitlyn also was dismissive about it. I sat down on one of the logs as Abi and Nick showed up. I looked at the sun set. 'Tonight's not gonna be a fun night.'

It wasn't until when a loud bang scared me half to death and now the counselors are all here. I knew this was a mistake. They even brought a gun and now Nick and Jacob were going to have a shoot off for some stupid snack. So loud for no reason. Mr H won't be happy when he comes back. Well when his usual self is back.

He's not really the best at having security. If he did he would've known that I've broken into many of his private places. I've seen the fucked up tents he has in a locked room and I've heard with Kaylee and Caleb what's wrong with them. A hand was placed on my shoulder. It was Ryan like usual. "Want a beer?" He held one up. I nodded with a smile as he gave it to me. I opened it up and kept watching as darkness will soon surround us.