0. foreword

synopsis

What do you do when you're given a second chance at life?

***

Age 15: Oliver Sallow is shipped to the tiny town of Blissby to live with a new foster family. Finn O'Connell is captain of the football team. Neither of them knows much about the other except for one thing: they have absolutely nothing in common.

Age 17: Oliver finds Finn having a panic attack in the library bathroom. They still have nothing in common. They fall in love all the same.

Age 18: Oliver breaks up with Finn.

Age 18.5: Oliver dies in a motorcycle accident. Six minutes and twenty-four seconds later, he wakes up again to be offered a deal: he will get to spend another twelve months as a guardian angel, neither fully dead nor completely alive. The catch: the person he is assigned to help is none other than Finn O'Connell.

Age 19: Two boys, fourteen months of history, and a promise: this time, there can be no falling back in love.

***

hi everyone!!! we are back with another young adult book, babey!!! this story features a second-chance romance, a goth x jock pairing and extreme amounts of teen boy silliness.

some notes before we get into it:

- updates will start november 4th with a new chapter every friday! make sure to add this story to your library so you don't miss any uploads!

- leading up to the first chapter, i'll be posting some character introductions and a list of tropes over on instagram (@/phillineharms), so feel free to follow me over there if you're so inclined! you can also have a closer look at the cover there 👀

- speaking of which: a huge thank you to the incredibly talented slimmwrites for the gorgeous gorgeous cover illustration!! <3

- there are three playlists for this book on my spotify: one for oliver, one for finn, and one for general vibes. you can find them all on my profile @/philli.harms :)

- this story deals with some heavier themes, so please heed the content warnings listed below!

***

i am not even kidding when i say that my brain MELTED writing this story. two povs and two timelines were perhaps slightly over-ambitious, but i love how this baby turned out. i cannot wait to introduce you to oliver (left) and finn (right)!!

what are your thoughts on the cover? the title? the premise? let me know everything!! <3

***

content warnings

agoraphobia, death/dying, foster care, mental illness, motorcycle accident, panic attacks/panic disorder, smoking, swearing, underage drinking

please feel free to ask away if you have any questions about these!