Just Like Everyday

A slight breeze blowing through the delicate leaves, the dampness in the air started to fade away in it's own pace. Rays of the sun peeking through the mighty clouds above, were preparing to take full form, awakening the world around. She gave a quick glance at the clock resting on the wall. – 5:26 am. And the next minute, Khushi resumed watching the light of dawn like she always did. The sight made her smile, evoking feelings of delighted admiration within her. The break of a new day gave her new hopes, new memories, a fresh start once again. She let out a small sigh, absorbing the sight. Glorious. Yet subtle.

She was just about to pull the curtains, when two gentle hands wrapped around her waist, startling her.

"Up so early?" Came his voice, muffling husky. She closed her eyes, her brain not quite registering the abrupt and strong beating of her heart. And nothing was helping her speeding heartbeats. His perfectly shaped torso sticking to her back, burning through the light material of her kurta. His legs standing in sync with hers. The stubble on his cheek lightly grazing her shoulder blades. His breath coming out slow and steady, caressing her collar bones. Nothing, was helping, at all.

"Khushi," He said, the care and concern conveyed.

She turned around to face him, trembling. It had been months since their marriage, but till this day, Khushi was still tentative in front of her husband. Her Laad Governer. She smiled at the thought, before placing a hand on his left cheek. Pressing a lingering kiss at the corner of his lips, a strong wave of purity ran through her.

"Good Morning, Arnav." Said she, whispering.

He placed both his hands possessively on her cheeks before kissing her forehead.

"Good Morning, jaan."

The thought of how they made each other feel was absolute bliss. The few moments in the day that they spent together held pure, unmoved love. And after that when he left for work she would wait; wait for his arms to encircle her again. He felt restless, to feel her in his embrace. Little actions like these made their love grow, their trust strong. And when they united again, darkness engulfed the atmosphere and moonlight rushed in. Those are times they utilize, with each other, feeling each other. Just like everyday.

~~~

A/N: Starting with the first one shot I had ever published :)