Chapter 6

Nova

"Hazel open the damn door!"

I continue knocking and still no answer.

"I don't give a shit if I'm being annoying or clingy! Cause it's a real dick move to ignore me after what we did!"

"Hazel! Open the fucking d-"

It opens.

But to my shock it isn't Hazel.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry" I apologies in embarrassment to the older women.

"It's okay sweetie, but you must be a friend of hazels?"

"I guess"

"Well, she's not exactly her usual self right now, but she's in her room if you'd like to see her"

"Thank you so much Miss-"

"Oh please, call me Skye! Miss makes me feel old" she smiles.

"Oh, well thank you Skye"

"No problem sweetie" she answers as I start making my way upstairs.

When I reach her closed door there is not a single sound coming from her room. I quietly knock and there's still no movement.

Is she asleep?

"Hazel, can I come in?"

Thinking she is asleep but still wanna talk and see her, I open the door.

She's on her bed, lying on her side. Her eyes are open.

So she's not asleep. Just ignoring me.

"Why are you ignoring me? I get if you don't want anything romantic or even sexual to do with me. And I respect that. But to ignore me after it, knowing that it actually meant something to me, is real low Hazel"

She just lies there, no movement.

"Can you please just say something? Even if it's telling me to leave?"

I sigh, "you're a bitch Hazel, what do you do that with every girl you have sex with? Ignore them after making them feel special?"

I stare down at her, she looks lifeless if you ask me. I nod my head in disappointment. "Well, I hope it was worth it, because it hurts. It really fucken hurts Hazel"

I turn to leave, and just before I close the door, I tell her, "you know I really liked you, before you even actually knew me. I was the girl with the massive crush on you, too bad you stopped coming to school"

Then I leave.

"Leaving so quickly?" I hear Hazels mother ask as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh yeah, I just have somewhere to be"

She sighs with that type of smile that says, 'I'm sorry'

"I'm sure Hazel would want you to stay" she tilts her head.

"Yeah well Hazel isn't exactly talking"

"Yeah...that happens every now an then"

What?

"Look it's not my place to tell you anything, but I'm sure Hazel will tell you when she's ready"

"Tell me what?" I ask confused.

Is there something wrong with her?

"I can't say, darling"

"Oh, okay, well it was nice meeting you anyways" I wave goodbye with a small smile as I walk out the front door.

"You too honey"

When I've reached the bottom of the driveway I begin my 25 minute walk home.

Why is Hazel not talking? And why is it apparently something she 'does'? Regardless, I hope she's okay.

Unless she's actually just a bitch.

———————

It's been 8 days.

8 damn days and I haven't heard from her. Not even one word.

"Bye dad! I'm going to school!"

"Okay bye hun, have a good day!" He calls back.

I put my headphones on and start playing 'Without you' by Lana del ray.

7 minutes later and I arrive at school, "oh look who it is, the lesbian! Do you have a crush on me!?" Some chick named 'Chloe' shouts through the halls.

"You're a hard person to like, so no"

"What did you just say to me?" She glare as people around her laugh.

"I'm sure you heard me, you have two ears do you not?"

See, I cry when I'm bullied. But when it comes to my sexuality, I will fight back. They say homophobic things as if I should be ashamed of who I like.

"Feeling bold today? What happened to all the other days when you cry like a baby?"

"Chloe do you bully me becomes you're too scared to admit you like me, or because you genuinely have nothing better to do with your life, so instead you you torment others because you're so fucking miserable...which one?"

Her look of shock tells me she won't say anything else, plus I'm pretty sure she's embarrassed as everyone laughs.

Then again, I'm probably gonna get bullied later today by someone else. Then run off crying.

As I take a seat in class a message pops up on my phone.

"Wanna come over and work on the project?"

Is she fucking serious?

I'll say yes, of course. But to work on a project? No. To ask her what the fuck is her problem? Yes.

'Yeah I'll come over after school'

And then I put my phone away.

Another short chapter but get ready for the next one, cause damn.

Btw y'all are probably gonna think this is stupid, but as you can see in the 'characters' chapter, Nova is blonde and blue eyed. But I don't like blondes so I'm gonna change it. Again, I know this is stupid and probs childish but that's just how I am.

Also, go follow my Tiktok: @.kiahswriting

Please vote xo