34. the anger is always there

Violet's POV:

Relaxing my hips, I start hitting the punchbag hanging in front of me.

Once.

Twice.

I punch it and kick it repeatedly, running out of breath.

A day has passed since we received a letter; from one of the enemies.

It said that they had taken Alex for a period of time, and that the same day they sent the letter he was freed.

I hate it that I ignored the bad feeling I had. It's like I knew something was off; but I ignored it.

"Breathe." A voice speaks as I stop punching the bag, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"I am breathing. How do you think I'm still alive?" I shrug as Blake removes himself from the doorframe.

I have to admit, he looks very hot right now. Sweat dripping from his head and his tight t-shirt wet, making his abs look as if he isn't covering his upper body with a t-shirt.

Focus, Violet. We have to find Alex.

"Careful, little one." He warns from behind me.

In a swift move I grab the knife hidden in my thighs and place it on his neck.

He smirks, clearly amused by the situation.

The room suddenly fell silent, I could hear my own breathing. And his.

"I'm training. Don't distract me." I send him a look and he holds up his hands, surrendering.

"Anything for my Queen." His lips tilt up, just a little. I'm so in love.

I take the knife off his neck and he turns to leave, before turning his head just a little to the side.

"By the way, you're good at punching. Continue practising, but control your breathing better." He says before walking through the door.

Thanks, I guess.

I begin to punch the bag again, not feeling any better.

I thought the anger would go away.

It doesn't.

The anger is always there, reminding you who you really want to be but can't. Sometimes, you want the anger to win, to overpower the good side of you.

And you find yourself asking, is there actually a good side of you? Who do you want to be? It hurts even more when you're the sweetest person while you're happy, but you're the scariest when angry.

Anger scares me. But it gives me adrenaline; it helps me to concentrate.

And right now, I have to find Alex.

______________

"Okay everybody start working. Come on! You have your orders, let me know if you find anything. And I mean, anything. Let's go!" Blake shouts at the men in front of us.

Most of them were Italian, but for this special occasion we called for special help. Of course.

Between the Italians we also had people from Russia, France, Greece and America.

The five nations together. Those who others call "Le Ombre".

Blake had his leader-friends flying once again to Italy because we needed all the help we could get.

He would never get his team back together if it wasn't so important. He only did it when I got taken. And now, that Alex isn't here.

Right now, I'm sitting on a chair in the meeting's room, waiting for someone to call. To tell me that they found Alex.