Chapter 10 - Sleepyhead

A/N: I apologize for not being able to update for so long. I'm rather busy nowadays. But I am trying :D Please remember to comment and vote 

       The speech exiting that voicebox was raspy and hesitant. As if the toy had recently cracked open its sleepy buttons. The atmosphere was pitch black now. The woods were louder as the critters of the night ran their errands. With Akari's flashlight blinking at..Kaden—he seemed like a deer in headlights. His silhouette was tall, stiff, and reanimated. Akari stuck her hand into her satchel and clutched the letter opener that was stashed in a compact pocket. Her hand stressed the handle as she contemplated whether to impale strawberry boy.

       "Shit..", Akari groaned. The impish boy dismissed anything surrounding him. His only motive was to get to the maiden—and..exterminate the hell out of her! The poisonous thoughts diseasing his brain screamed joyous in mutilating her and leaving behind a horrendous sight. He had a wide deranged smile on his sick face. His lightly tanned skin was overwashed and bruised. But, he was more lively than ever under hypnosis.

       Akari was planted in the dirt, murder centimeters from her. Kaden's twitching hand delivered a light rub and tugged against a strip of the maiden's fiery curls. He leaned close to Akari's ear and whispered, "..This is your fault."

       The girl lapsed to the soil, her light source rolling away..dimming her space and perhaps spirit. Kaden's slim fingers wrapped tightly against her throat, his legs draped across her hips, pinning her down. He had a sadistic look portrayed in his sunken and puffy eyes. That was enough. Akari pierced her attacker's leg with the paper knife with as much force as her mobility would allow her. Kaden winced and released his hand from her neck to reach for his thigh. Akari squirmed, but it was pointless....Akari pierced her attacker's leg with the paper knife with as much force as her mobility would allow her. Pierced....reached for his thigh...pierce...paper knife...squirm...pointless. While Akari squirmed, she pushed up her hips and when she did, the demented toy fell forward. Seeing her opportunity, she rode up, hugged his arm, and rolled over. She had gained leverage. Akari sat between Kaden's legs, dirt painting her face and clothing. The lass yanked the paper knife out of Kaden's thigh and struck at the upside down imp nesting within and on his body.

       A hot pink liquid splattered 'round. It was spraying and radiating warmth when it hit Dollie's face. The eyes of that son of a bitch gouged themselves out, popping with thin nerves, veins, and muscles and the bright pink substance. Anomalously, the imp's eyes were not firmly held in his abnormally large sockets by muscles. They were especially fragile and tore quickly in the sense.

       The baseball-sized eyes rolled away into the lush and still forest.

       Akari gazed down at Kaden's eerie features which literally scaled off of him like rubbing away dust from furniture if she were to touch him. The lad was unconscious. Akari, with her shaky legs, stood up, clapped the dirt off her hands, and slipped out the scroll from the pocket of her satchel. 'Oh...no wonder it didn't summon. I guess..I lost my ring.', she thought as she noticed her fingers were plain and undecorated. She blinked...slowly. Her feet shuffled toward her flashlight and she grabbed it gently, sweeping the dirt off of it. The flame-maned miss sighed and gathered her belongings and partner, dragging the weight to a shelter recorded nearby..

       Oddly enough, there was a small wooden shack about two miles forward. Another proof of civilization. Once Akari twisted the doorknob shut, she placed Kaden down steadily and slid down against a wall. Night night.

       She's staring off into terrible things, vigorously picking and scratching at her nails. Her eyes can barely hold themselves up, they might so need canes. The floorboards are broken down and cracked...her flustered fingers scrape faster..Night Night.

       The young miss flinched awake gasping for oxygen, she heard a woman calling out, "I'm home!" Akari's tiny and bare feet raced down a set of stairs. There was an oversized, black, paper bag sitting on this chilly marble counter. My—your—ehm...HER..-hands reached up and she peered into the bag. It was full of yummy drinks and containers of edibles. Fast...fast forward..I buckled my seatbelt, nestling myself into the white leather seats of a car. My mom—gah..--your mom drove past many neighborhoods and streets you recognized. Walnut Avenue and Nacht Meadow and–and that one fancy post office, remember?! Mama steered into a parking spot, right outside a mall. Fast it..fast it–c'mon! Akari and her mother walked out together, it was evening now, the sun setting. All the people walking to their vehicles were anything but humanoid, why..are you not running away? A grey car drove by, the mom of an old school friend waving a friendly hand at us. The sky was tinted orange, with pink clouds as ornaments. The path ahead was a cement curb, a file of columns lit by lanterns. The columns slowly bent into an arch the deeper into the tunnel we trekked. The lanterns dimmed, but there was a comfortable aura in the air. It was soft..and tasty on your lips...you felt like you were walking through jello, minor chills going up your spine. "Mom?! Mom, where are you?!", Akari shook her head left and right, her surroundings pitch black and her senses vanquished. Suddenly, Akari could hear, her ears popped and she could hear two voices and see two silhouettes. She recognized these people but no matter how hard she strained her vocal cords to scream for their attention, not a peep whispered by.

       Akari's eyes were sunken and solemn as they fluttered open. Her back was throbbing and her hands were quivering. Her eyes shifted, worried, and clarifying where she was. That's when she was gauged by Kaden. His olive skin was pasty and his breathing was subtle. His leg was bloodshot and he was laced in pink goop. Akari's throat closed up and her chest showcased her rough and rapid breaths..she slid herself against the splintery wood floor, stumbling to her satchel. Her fingers twisted in anxiety, feeling for a blade in the darkness of the cabin. Pulling herself into a corner, Akari cried silently with the contaminated letter knife clenched tightly in her fists. She shut her eyes and prayed Kaden wouldn't wake up to be a...a..she couldn't even think of words for it..without crushing her lungs to breathe.