𝐢𝐢𝐢. kerfuffle

kerfuffle - a fuss; commotion (noun)

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"You alright?" Arthur asked, the soft breeze from the top of the hill prickling my skin while beams of sun shined down on me.

The howling wind invaded my ears as we treaded down a pebble path leading to town. I took deep breaths in attempt to aid my pain, the injuries from the accident still not fully healed, particularly the wound on my stomach.

As we walked I caught a glance of the town. It looked small, but that could've been curtesy of how high up we were. Houses and buildings of all sizes decorated the town, built with stone and framed with timber. The town was surrounded by large fields of crops, trees, and grass, along with a seemingly endless stream that flowed close to the town.

"Is that a castle?" My breath hitched as pure admiration filling my body. I couldn't see the building clearly as it seemed so distant to the rest of Solaris, but I could see the rough shape, it was so large i'd be almost impossible not too.

"Yes - what's more important is you. Are you feeling alright?" 

"I'm fine," I lied, trying to hide the dreadful pain I was in with each step I took as I continued to admire the castle.

"It's a steep way down, I wouldn't want you to fall," Arthur explained as he offered me a large hand, his eyes staring into mine with anticipation.

"I'm sure I won't," I replied, avoiding eye-contact.

"It's a large hill. I just want to make sure," Arthur insisted, his hand still in the air, waiting for me. I hesitated, but after Arthur showed no signs of bugging, I accepted his offer. He gripped my hand softly, intertwining his fingers with mine and carefully led me down the hill.

"Where the hell am I?" I thought to myself, my eyebrows furrowing, as I continued to stare at the town.

"It's a fifteen-minute walk to town, but if you need a break please tell me," Arthur reassured, keeping his eyes on the path down the hill.

"Thanks, Arthur, but I'll be fine."

.
.

My heartbeat fastened as we entered the busy town. The smell of fresh bread, smoke, and fish overwhelmed my senses. Swarms of people spread along the rocky streets, either selling or buying goods. The people wore similar clothes to Arthur, their ages ranging from young children to elderly women and men. My fingers subconsciously tightened around Arthur's hand. He noticed my action and turned towards me.

"You'll be fine, we won't be here for long and I'll be by your side the entire time."

I nodded in response, my throat too tight to speak. We began walking down the streets, stopping at various market stalls along the way.

I watched as Arthur argued with a seller for better prices, impressed and a little scared seeing his passion. I stepped back a little, feeling overwhelmed by the crowds of people. The stench of sweat invaded my nostrils as I held back a gag. I let out a quivering breath, taking a few more steps back.

A sudden force to my shoulder took me off guard. Surprised, I lost my balance and fell on my tailbone, my palms aiding my fall. I let out a few curses as a sharp pain stung a particularly bad wound on my stomach.

"I'm terribly sorry," a voice frantically apologised, quickly getting up and offering me a hand.

Slightly irritated, I accepted the offer, groaning in pain as I got back on my feet. My eyes took note of how pale and smooth his hands were, they weren't tarnished or scratched like Arthur's.