Gaeaverse Animals #3: Pythonidae

It's no surprise that there are snakes in Europe. Venomous and Nonvenomous alike. But there's a genus of Snake that people would never think to live in Symkaria, or the rest of Europe. That being the Pythonidae. A famous family of constrictor snakes known to live in the Old World, and 3 species of Python are native in Symkaria.

Python #1: Symkarian Reticulated Python.

Superfamily: Pythonoidea.

Family: Pythonidae.

Genus Malayopython.

Scientific Name: Malayopython Reticulatus Symkarius.

Ancestor: Unknown. Since it, and the other two European native Python species' origin, are shrouded in mystery.

Habitat Preference: Wetlands and Caves.

Length: Varies.

Coloration: Varies.

Population Number: Unknown. But there are a lot of them. So it conveys that the Symkarian Reticulated Python population is healthy.

Food items: Varies.

Mating Season: Spring.

Physical Appearance:

Python #2: Symkarian Rock Python

Superfamily: Pythonoidea.

Family: Pythonidae.

Genus: Python.

Scientific Name: Python Rokarus Semarius.

Ancestor: Unknown.

Habitat Preference: Caves, Grasslands, Savannahs, Deserts, Scrublands, Forests, Coasts.

Length: Varies.

Coloration: Varies.

Population Number: Unknown but healthy.

Food items: Varies.

Mating Season: Spring.

Physical Appearance:

Python #3: Symkarian Ball Python

Superfamily: Pythonoidea.

Family: Pythonidae.

Genus: Python.

Scientific Name: Python Regius Arcius.

Ancestor: Unknown.

Habitat Preference: Forests, Coasts, Wetlands, Caves, Deserts, Mountains.

Length: Varies.

Coloration: Varies.

Population Number: Unknown but healthy.

Food items: Varies.

Mating Season: Late Winter to Early Spring.

Physical Appearance:

Fan Fact 1: Of the 3 Python species, the Symkarian Reticulated Python is the largest

Fan Fact 1: Of the 3 Python species, the Symkarian Reticulated Python is the largest. The Symkarian Rock Python being the "Middle Child", and the Symkarian Ball Python being the "Baby Sibling" in terms of their size. Or, in the case of the Pythons, length.

Fan Fact 2: Despite the Symkarian Reticulated Python being the largest, it's not the most aggressive, since that title belongs to the Symkarian Rock Python, mainly due to dealing with more predators than the other two Python species.

Fan Fact 3: The Symkarian Ball Python is the smallest and the most widespread. It's the least aggressive, but people still need to take precautions when encountering it.

Fan Fact 4: Like all snakes, the Symkarian Python species brumate during the colder months, which is similar to hibernation.

Fan Fact 5: It's debatable whether there are hybrids of the Symkarian Python species. But since they do overlap and share a similar timing of the mating season, it would be considered as a possibility. But more information is needed until it is confirmed.

Fan Fact 6: the Symkarian Reticulated and Rock Python are more cold tolerant. Only the Symkarian Ball Python is truly warm-blooded, which is no surprise, since there were warm-blooded reptiles, with the Tegu considered to be the only lizard that is warm-blooded.

Fan Fact 7: Although their sizes vary, the sizes of the Symkarian Python species reflect on what they prey on.

A/N: Been wanting to do this one for a while. Tell me what you think and I hope you enjoy it.

Edit:

A/N: About Brumation. It's essentially the cold-blooded version of Hibernation. But there is a difference.

Brumation is known as the hibernation for cold-blooded animals. Ectotherms rely on their environment to regulate their body temperature.

Cold temperatures cause reptiles and amphibians to hide underground, in rock crevices and in burrows to stay warm and safe. Their activity, body temperature, heart rate and respiratory rate drops like in hibernation.

Cold-blooded animals will move on warmer winter days and find water, unlike hibernators who are in a deep sleep and do not move at all.