The Guilty Conscience Of A Cold Hearted Lie

burned from his body. He tried yelling out to his brother for him to stop, but all diluc heard were the sparks of burning fire and swords colliding. He had expected the red head to try and kill him, but even if he was expecting it, it still fucking hurt.
Kaeya had reached his breaking point after what felt like hours of fighting. Holding his right eye in agony he falls backwards, yelling for diluc to end him already. Diluc had stood in front of kaeyas trembling body, his eyes were blaze filled with no remorse as he prepared to strike his final blow. Pulling his greatsword backwards charging his vision, he hears kaeyas call one last time.

"Brother, please," kaeyas voice shook, trembling almost as much as his arms.

He was ignored.

"Brother, I'm so sorry..." kaeyas words felt sincere, and they were, to kaeya at least. He truly did feel sorry for lying to the family he was blessed with, yet diluc couldn't comprehend that as the flames grew from the tip of the great sword.

"You are not my brother, and you were never his son!" diluc yelled back. Even though he was mad, it still broke his heart to hear the boy he grew up with tell him to kill him.

But he didn't hold back.

Diluc swings his sword with great force towards the other, a phoenix created by his vision flies through the burning air. Just like that kaeya had seen this as his final moments on teyvat, yet he wasn't entirely afraid, just remorseful. Though despite that, Kaeya had not known what came over him at that final moment as he raised his sword, perhaps he truly did get scared of dying, or was it the face of crepus he had seen in diluc as he threw the flaming bird towards him. But at that moment, an icy burn stung through his chest, moving at lightspeed through his arm and fingers, a cast of cryo bursting from the tip of the favonius sword.

He lets out a soft silent gasp as the cryo and pyro feed against each other, the tears rolling down burn his bloody cheeks. The blast was enough to knock both kaeya and diluc from their current position backwards. kaeyas body still had enough strength to run, so that's what he did, he ran. Dropping his sword yet holding onto the burned eyepatch and newly received vision, he turned away from dilucs struggling body. Tears streamed from his eyes as he remembered the face of the ones who loved him before this very moment.

"Im sorry, diluc," was all he could say as he ran for mondstadt.