15

The sweet harmony of the chirping birds called my spirit back from its state of unconsciousness and soon I was up

The warm sun set above the bright blue sky spread its ray across the world, some of it forcing itself through the soft pink curtain decorating the window and touching my face.

I yawned lightly and stretched my body before leaving the bed. Well that was a good night sleep

I realized Nicole's bed was untouched meaning she didn't return back or maybe she spent the night at Damon's.

I laid my bed and strode towards the bathroom to prepare myself for the Saturday.

I dressed in a pair of light blue shorts and a big white baggy shirt. I looked around our not so big room and figured out the balcony will be the best place for my work. I took the materials I needed out to the balcony and set the stand for my canvas up.

Realizing I haven't done the edits of the picture, I took my laptop from its case where it was locked up and got down to work.

I stretched my body and twisted my neck side ways after I was done.

It was getting to noon and Nicole wasn't yet back. I grabbed my phone from the night stand and swiped on the screen and searched for her number.

It went straight to voicemail so I decided to call Damon. Panic started kicking in when he didn't take my call on the fourth ring but died down when he did.

"Andy". He gruffed out and i desperately wanted to scold him but sighed in great relief. "How much did you drink last night Damon and don't tell me you passed the night at the club"

"This isn't how i wanted my Saturday to begin granny" the sarcasm was clear in his morning voice and I couldn't help the eye roll.

"Well you're welcome jerk besides where's Nicole is she there with you?" I heard ruffling of sheets and the sudden tap of feet. "Romero brought her drunk ass back but i guess she stayed at Tiffany's" he explained and I became less worried.

"Alright I'll see you later" I didn't get to hang up when his voice interrupted. "Andy" he called and the tone in which he called simply meant he was uncertain of my answer to whatever he was going to ask.

"What is it?"

"Uhm there'll be a tournament later this evening will-- "Yes Damon I will" although I couldn't see him I could still place the smile on his face in my heart. Before he got the opportunity to thank me I waved him off and hung up.

I pulled my shorts off and changed into a pair of black leggings. Not caring about my appearance i took my flash drive where I had transferred my edited works and left.

I arrived at the school's cyber cafe and luckily it was free of students and occupied Mr Benson who was in charge of the cyber cafe and the janitor. As usual it smelt like ink and coffee.