The Efforts

"You wanted to reject the proposal, and I agreed without hesitation, but you will not be disrespectful to our guests, Kim Taehyung!" his father, the king, warned sternly. Taehyung looks away sulkily. "I know how petty and bratty you can be, but don't try anything with them, okay? His Highness King Jungkook is a highly respected and feared emperor, and we the Kims are known for our hospitality and manners, so you'll be on your best behavior, alright, son?" the queen also adds. Taehyung rolls his eyes, annoyed. "I understand. Now stop saying the same thing over and over." Seokjin snorts, "We will see how much you understand." Taehyung glares at him as he walks back to his chambers. 

He plops down on his bed and sees Fluffy, his pet tiger, moving towards him. (Princess Jasmine inspired, and I'm team tiger!). He smiles as Fluffy comes and lays beside him on the bed. He leans on his back and caresses his fur slowly, scratching the back of his ears lovingly. "What will I do, Fluffy? I'm so embarrassed that I don't want to face him. For God's sake, he caught me stealing his clothes like a creep!" Taehyung screams in frustration. Fluffy chuffs as if he is replying to him. Taehyung smiles then again becomes serious as he says, " What if he tells mother and father about it? Oh no!, I don't even wanna think about that." Taehyungs sighs. "Why is he even coming here?" Fluffy lets out a low growl, and Taehyung laughs, "What? You will kill him if he comes near me?" Taehyung pats on his chin and cuddles him tightly, "I love you, my baby!

Jungkook, Jimin, Yoongi, and their entourage arrived at the palace gates to find the King and his family waiting for them. Jungkook's gaze was drawn to Taehyung, who stood motionless, staring down. As he rides his horse forward, he smiles. "I still can't believe he dragged us here!" Jimin exclaims as he and Yoongi speed up with Jungkook, to which Yoongi simply chuckles. They reach the palace, get off their horses, and walk towards the king and his family. "Greetings, your Majesty," Jungkook, Jimin, and Yoongi said as they bowed before the king. "Welcome to the Kim Kingdom, King Jungkook. It's an honour to have such a brave warrior and a kind king in our kingdom. We are so happy that you decided to visit us," King Kim says in a polite tone. "It's my pleasure too, your majesty! I have heard a lot about the kingdom's great history and how loving the people are here. So I thought I should pay a visit." Jungkook gives his most charming smile. "Oh, aren't you a wonderful and handsome young man?" exclaims the queen, and Jungkook moves to her side and bows before her as well. "You're quite beautiful yourself, his highness. You age like fine wine. He extends his hands, takes the queen's hands, and kisses her knuckles. He then moved towards Seokjin.

 "I'm Prince Kim Seokjin, King Jungkook. The oldest son, Seokjin, says as he gives a small bow, "And this is my mate and the general of our army, Kim Namjoon." Namjoon also bows. "It's a pleasure meeting you, Prince Seokjin and General Namjoon. I see you've got all the good features of both of your parents," Jungkook says kindly. "Quite a sweet talker, aren't you? Or are you making amends for rejecting my brother?" Seokjin asks in a teasing tone. Namjoon chokes on air, and Jungkook becomes a bit pale. "He's just kidding; he's a bit sassy, you see," Namjoon immediately adds. Jungkook smiles awkwardly. And finally, he moves to Taehyung. Taehyung looked even more beautiful than that day. In a simple, pastel blue hanbok. He had a bit of jewellery on him—a pair of emerald earrings in his ears, a simple diamond pendant hanging from his neck, and a variety of different rings adorning his fingers. His gaze was still lowered, and his lips appeared red due to the constant biting.

Jungkook extended his hands, and Taehyung just stood there without doing anything. The queen clears her throat and Taehyung hesitantly stretched his hands. Jungkook smiles as he takes it and presses a kiss against his knuckles. Taehyung's cheek turned red and he immediately pulled back his hands. Jungkook just chuckled lightly at Taehyung's flustered state. " I assume you must know him, this is our youngest son, Kim Taehyung." The queen says. Jungkook nods his head with a polite smile. "I am aware, your highness, the prince's beauty is hard to miss." Jungkook says smoothly as Taehyung's face becomes even redder if that is possible. " And this is my older brother Prince Jimin and this is his mate and my minister and chief advisor Yoongi, Jungkook introduces them. They all bowed and King Kim says, " We heartily welcome you prince Jimin and Minister Yoongi, we hope you all have a good time here. Now, why don't we go inside and have some refreshments? The King suggests. They all nodded as they all entered inside. Taehyung kept the maximum possible distance from Jungkook, staying with Namjoon at the other end. Jungkook looked at Taehyung through the corner of his eyes, and he was amused to see Taehyung trying so hard to avoid him.