Chapter 23. Drunken Regrets?

🎶 Kya Karein - Aditya Rikhari

Published on 11.12.2022

❝ maana teri muskurahatein jaise,
din mein koi chand ho khila,
kaash teri zulf ki ghata,
aaj humko firse de mila. ❞

🥀

Arshay wriggled in Vihaan's arms.

"Dada, put me down." He whined, puckering his lips and scrunching his face in annoyance.

Aarohi smiled and Vihaan narrowed his eyes, glaring at his son in a childish manner.

"Fine, fine. I know you're your Mom's son. No need of proving it every two seconds by your 'I can do everything on my own, I'm not a kid' attitude." He put Arshay down who then was straightening his jacket, making everyone's eyes widen in amusement.

"Aren't you a dapper?" Emma teased and he hid behind his Mom's legs, eliciting giggles from all.

Aarohi wrapped an arm around his shoulder and pinched his cheek before looking at Vihaan. "You shouldn't be the one talking when you're the one who keeps spoiling him."

His jaw drops as he looks at his wife horrified at the accusation. "Me?" He points a finger at himself dramatically. "I only teach him good things unlike you- "

"What is the good thing in walking up to a stranger, without informing his Mom and telling them that they've kept the glass at the wrong place?"

Rohan flinched back slightly, embarassed. Emma contained her laughter and Inaaya couldn't help but find the whole scene adorable and amusing, watching the couple having an unserious banter when few minutes ago they literally intimidated everyone around them. This was certainly a sight to behold and watch in awe.

"You did that?" Vihaan bent to his kid's level, an impressed smile spreading across his face.

"Vihaan, this is not a thing to be proud of." Aarohi gritted.

Arshay nodded at his Dad. "He," the kid pointed at Rohan who appeared flustered, "kept his empty glass with the filled ones so I told him to keep it at its right place."

"What did you do?" A voice interrupts them and they all turn to the source of it to find Ayansh looking at Rohan with questioning eyes, wondering why a kid had its finger pointed at him. "Don't tell me you were troubling a kid."

"I- ," Rohan sighed and looked helplessly. "I didn't do anything."

Emma chuckles and proceeds to explain the whole situation and also tells him about the drama that happened sometime back.

Ayansh's eyebrows shot up and his gaze instantly snaps to Inaaya. "Are you okay?" He immediately realises the error in his question and behaviour and quickly adds, "are you two alright?" He looks between Inaaya and Aarohi.

Inaaya gave a nod.

Aarohi dismissed it with a wave of her hand. "It wasn't something to be worried about. Chill."

"By the way, I'm Ayansh Mehra, CEO of IA and Stevens Enterprises." He introduced himself, outstretching his hand.

She smiled and shook his hand. "I'm Dr. Aarohi Agarwal."

"Who doesn't know you." He acknowledged her with a raise of his brows and a charming smile.

"Actually, we too haven't introduced ourselves." Rohan says and forwards his hand. "Myself, Rohan Joshi and I'm a marketing specialist."

"Emma Rodriguez." She forwards her hand.

"Inaaya Rai, part of the project managing team."

Vihaan narrowed his eyes, wondering something. "Are you..... by any chance related to Kartik Rai?"