CHAPTER 13 : Bobby who?

Ella POV

After two and a half hours at the bookstore, I'm finally done. I thought I did pretty good at book-shopping. Bought five great books. Sebastian looks relieved after I told him that I'm done. I was impressed at how patient he was at waiting.

Pretty expensive books, good thing I still have some cash with me. Need to make a mental note; to check the balance in my bank account. Let's just hope I do write its detail on my note book. Or I might need to ask some help from Max.

But, he already helped me so much.

"Ella, is that you?" I stopped as someone tapped my shoulder from behind.

"Er, hi. Sorry, do I know you?" I hesitate.

By now, Sebastian is already standing next to me protectively. Was that really necessary? What danger could anyone possibly caused me? I'm a nobody.

The guy who approached me had his hands dramatically over his chest making a you-hurt-my-feeling action.

"It's Bobby. We used to hang out when I was in Penang. So, where's Damon?" He looks around and then looks at Sebastian, eyeing him up and down.

Sebastian just stands there and gives Bobby his all-serious-i-never-smile-don't-mess-with-me look.

Does he know Damon? So, we must be friends then? Maybe I can get more information about Damon from him?

"Bobby, right? Look, I'm really sorry. I was recently in an accident. It's a long story but I kind of lost some memories."

Bobby looks at me surprised. "Ahhhhh.. that explains everything. I'll tell you what, here's my number. Call me sometimes, maybe we can hang out and chat?"

I smile and take his card.

This is good, right? Someone from my past. Someone who seemed to know the old Ella.

Sebastian POV

I had a quick glance at the card the chap handed to Ella earlier. Bobby McLaren. I need to have my guys look him up later.

What is she doing now? I hope you are not still in the bookstore. - Max

Very funny. Do I tell him about Bobby? I'm not sure how he is going to react though. He seemed to be really interested in the girl. I have never seen him like this with a girl before. I never had to tag or protect any of his flings before.

Well, Ella isn't his fling though.

Whatever it is, she seemed good for him.

At the penthouse now. We bumped into someone named Bobby who seemed to recognize her. I will have my guys check him out. - Sebastian.

My phone rang immediately after I sent that text. I can't say I didn't expect that.

"Does she recognize him? What exactly did he say?" He is always so straight to the point.

"He approached her right after we came out of the bookstore. No sign of recognition on her side. He asked her, Where's Damon." I explained. I bet he won't take this well.

Silence. "How did she react to that?"

"There wasn't much of a reaction. She just seemed surprised." Which is the truth. I don't think I need to tell him that Bobby gave her his number and they might meet up again.

"Update me. I need to know where she is at all time!" He hung up.

Alright. That wasn't so bad.

Max POV

That's it. I'm going to give her a call. I need to know how she feels or what exactly is in her mind after she met this Bobby guy.