CHAPTER 14 : Selfie

Ella POV

After dinner, Sebastian helped me with the dishes. He looked like he really enjoyed my cooking. And, he wanted the recipes. I really can't picture him as a man who cooks. He just looks too bulky and masculine to even be in the kitchen. I told him he can always come over and it'll be my pleasure to cook for him. At least it will give me something to do.

After he left, I headed to my room and checked my phone. Six missed calls and three text messages from Max.

I heard nothing from him for four days and suddenly he can't wait to talk?! Geezzz!!

Are you mad at me? - says one of his texts

Baby girl, I'm really sorry. Honestly, I didn't call because you seemed overwhelmed after that night. I thought you needed space. I should have called. - Max

So, that's why he hasn't called? Because he thought I needed space?

Well, I did feel overwhelmed.

Hmmm, now I kind of feel bad for being mad at him, while he was just being thoughtful. Oh Max. You are so sweet.

No, I'm not mad at you. I'm sorry. I miss you too. - Ella

It doesn't take long for him to reply.

Good to know. Good night, baby girl 😙 - Max

Did he just send me a kissing smiley face? I grin. Never thought of Max as one of those who send emoticons on their text messages.

Good night, Max. 😛- Ella.

It takes a while to choose which smiley icon to send him. I don't want to be too cheesy. It's ridiculous how long it took me to choose one smiley icon! I grin wide at the thought.

Max POV

I don't remember when was the last time I slept this well. I woke up with a big smile.

So, she misses me too. Is that mean, she feels it too? Well, I think this is a good start.

I went to my office a bit later than usual this morning. The meeting only starts at ten. So, I decided to go to the gym before work.

I got a phone call from Dylan in the middle of my meetings.

"Hey man, you didn't tell me you were going to be away! I met Ella by the way. You didn't tell me she is a good cook!" Dylan sounds really pleased. I can hear Ella laughing in the background.

What the hell is he doing with her?!

"What the hell are you doing at my place? I thought you said you will only be in New York for a few days?" I get off my seat and walk out of the meeting room and head to my office. Not caring about my employees. Well, they can go ahead without me.

"Dude, I told you I was going to pay you and Ella a visit that night, remember? Good thing I did. She makes a really good brunch. And, you forgot to mention she is hot!"

"I can't believe he forgot to mention that!" I heard Ella says in the background.

"He totally did." Dylan replied to her.

Then, I heard them laugh.

What the fuck! Since when did they become friends?!

"Get the fuck out of my place once you finished with whatever you are having right now!" Oh yes I'm pissed! Really pissed. You can never trust Dylan to not flirt with your girls. He is a fucking flirts. He literally flirts with anyone with boobs.

"Gee, man. Relaxes. I was only planning to stay and chat with her for a bit. You did leave her here alone. I think she can do some company." I know he does this on purpose. I run my hand in my hair.