CHAPTER 19: Malibu

Max POV

Ella hasn't said words after she had her breakdown. I have been spending a lot of time with her after work and even sleep in her bed at nights. Just cuddle and fall asleep together. I want her to know that I care. And, that she will be alright. And, she got me. And, that she can talk to me when she is ready.

Taking her to see Collin wasn't a great idea. She wasn't ready to talk. Maybe I could take her away for a vacation or something. Maybe when she is in a relaxed environment she would want to open up and talk.

Yeah, a vacation sounds like a really good idea.

I miss her.

I miss her voice.

Her smiles.

I called my PA, Deborah, to have necessary arrangements done, including extending Ella's visa. It's easy to get things done when you have money and influence. And, I get Stella to help packed Ella's luggage for a few days trip.

Choices are a little limited right now since Ella can hardly walk much with her cast on. I can't take her to my cabin in the wood because that would need her to do a lot of walking on uneven surface and if she needs a doctor or something it would be difficult because it will take hours before we find the nearest clinic. So, I need a place where she can just relax and maybe we can just talk and get to know each other more.

I was thinking about spending a few days in Malibu. Dylan has a nice cozy small beach front house there that he hardly uses. I figured he wouldn't mind if I use it for a couple of days.

Sure man, I'll get the place ready and have Andrea to pass the keys to you once you landed. - Dylan

Well, that's settled then.

Ella POV

I hate flying.

It always gives me anxiety to be more than 16 thousand feet above the ground. But, here I am sitting in Max's private jet looking out at the sky.

"The flight will take a bit more than five hours. We'll reach there before you even know it." Max said earlier, having my hand in his while trying to comfort me.

Sebastian is sitting a few seats behind us with the other man whose name I learned to be Peter. I still haven't talked to him after that night. I'm not quite sure if I'm still mad at him or generally just haven't been feeling quite right.

I'm just sad.

I feel too much.

And, I don't know how to deal with all these emotions. Sometimes, I just want to vanish. Evaporate into the air. Gone.

My heart hurts.

And, everytime I think about how sad my life is, I burst into tears.

"Ella? Hey, what's wrong?" Max unbuckle his seat belt and kneel in front of me.

I don't know how to tell him. I don't know what to say to him that could possibly make him understand how I feel. It's easier to just shut down.

"Baby, please talk to me. What's wrong? Is it the flight?" He looks straight up at me with his hands cupping my face. "We will be landing soon." He continued.

I shake my head. And, I couldn't help but keep crying.

Max looks strained.

He unbuckled my seat belt and hugged me tight.

"It's alright baby girl. I'm here. I got you. I got you, okay."

I like it when he rubs my back and kisses my forehead like he does now. It feels like he cares.