18 - Kai

- Chapter song: Fucked My Way Up To The Top, Lana Del Ray -

Don't forget to vote and comment my little chickens <3

I don't bother going to change out of my gym clothes and go straight down to the basement where Maria is

When I get down to the basement, there are men guarding each door. I go up to the cell door where Maria waits behind and come face to face with one of the men.

He's tall with dark black hair and a sharp jawline. He has almond shaped eyes with skin on the fairer side and is wearing a tight black shirt with black cargo pants. An AK-47 is strapped across his chest.

He stares at me, not saying a word. I stare back, my stubbornness refusing to be the first to speak. He sighs and rolls his eyes before talking.

"Can I help you?"

"What's your name?" I ask, ignoring his question.

"Kai." He responds, blankly.

"I need to talk to the person in there." I tell him.

"No." He replies and doesn't move.

"Let me through or I'll stab your eyes out." I threaten.

He ignores me.

Normally, I would follow through with my threat but there is something about him that I like. Maybe it's the fact that we are both as stubborn and as hard headed as each other.

"Let me through and I'll flash you." I say.

He looks back at me. "I'm gay."

Damn it.

Same though. Well, not exactly the same but half same.

"Okay then, let me through and I'll get Leo to flash you." I edit my bribe.

He goes back to ignoring me.

I smile. "You're my new best friend, Kai. Congratulations."

"Yippie." He replies, sarcastically.

I laugh.

"Tell me why you want to talk to her and I'll think about it." He says.

Great, now I have to come up with an excuse on the spot.

"Well, your boss told me to find the leader of the Russian mafia." I start.

"And I got intel that Maria in there knows something about it so I wanted to question her." I lie.

Kai is silent for a few moments, thinking about my explanation, before hesitantly moving to the side and letting me in.