Part IX - Helpless

"I was helpless from the moment I was born, I guess" Y/N said.

"Come on, being Quirkless can't be that bad. Sure, you don't have awesome powers, but you're still a great person" Mina said, flipping through her notebook.

"I don't know. What is it like having a Quirk?" Y/N asked, sitting back in his chair.

"It's awesome, really. I can train my Quirk to make it a whole lot stronger, even though it's just small spurts of acid currently. It's not one of those all powerful Quirks like All Might or Endeavor, but it's still a quality I can admire about myself when I don't have anything else to look up to" Mina said.

"You're really good at describing things I wouldn't be able to" Y/N said.

"That's cuz you don't talk to many people, from what I've seen" Mina said.

"I was just born that way" Y/N said.

"Don't say that. You can talk to hundreds of people and they'll admire certain things about you the previous person won't see. Everybody's different, you just see them all the same" Mina said.

Y/N stayed silent.

"Maybe you're right" Y/N said.

Mina flipped her notebook around so Y/N could see.

"These are some notes from Biology class I took that could help you" Mina said.

Y/N read the title, and immediately deadpanned at Mina.

"Just because I have a black eye from that criminal doesn't mean I need these notes" Y/N said.

"I don't know, the wound looks fresh to me. He really roughed you up, huh?" Mina said.

"He didn't take anything, at least" Y/N said.

2 Years Later...

A group stood in all black as a coffin was descended six feet into the ground.

Mina couldn't stop sobbing, Sarani wept, multiple other family members watched as someone they had known so well would leave them forever, into an unknown void deprived of life.

Y/N held Mina close as she sobbed.

After the funeral concluded, everybody hugged eachother and parted ways, making the long car ride home.

The ride back home for Mina was quiet.

She sat in Y/N's arms as she stared at the car's floorboards.

Her thoughts were empty.

Sarani constantly glanced at the mirror at Mina, worried.

"How about we go out to eat?" Sarani suggested.

Nobody responded.

Once at the apartment, still, nobody spoke.

Mina and Y/N went to Mina's room while Sarani sat on the couch.

Mina cuddled up to Y/N in her bed, laying her head into his chest.

"You wanna talk about it?" Y/N asked.

Mina shook her head in his chest.

"It's the only way you'll ever feel better, you know" Y/N said.