{Chapter 59}

Catheline's POV:

Six days.

The most disastrous six days of my life have occurred. Many things have happened during these days.

I sat near the window, grimacing at the cold wind and grey sky. It would rain today. I have this intuition in my mind for some reason.

After two days after Xander's departure, I received a letter from him.

'Everything is fine, my precious wife. I might have forgotten to mention that I have taken up residence at the Sunster's estate. I am fine but I miss you terribly,'

That made me a little assured, pleased, and scared at the same time. Because of what I was feeling, I called for Nathaniel that day and forced him to make his way to the Sunster's estate.

He protested but I ordered him to go. I know he wanted to go and I was fulfilling his wish. Hence, after half an hour of conversation, he agreed and made his way up there. Two days ago, I received another letter from my husband.

'I only wanted him to stay there so you could be more comfortable. You are very stubborn, my sweet wife. Take care, you know how much I appreciate your care. It means everything to me,'

That made me angry but very pleased. He will be thankful. Out of all people, I knew how awkward he can get around other unknown people.

These days, the need to summon Lady Daraa and ask her about her previous discussion with Xander itched me. But I let it go, half afraid of knowing what happened. Either of them must have said something hurtful.

I leaned against the chair and sighed. These days, I did go outside and looked at the happenings of the castle. For some reason, everything seemed to have darkened. Nothing has changed except that there were more guards around the hallways and I spotted some work going around in the gardens. I could see what was going on, but every time I tried to do that, my feet gave up and I had to return to my chambers.

I dreaded the upcoming months as they could be even more torturous. A knock on the door called for my attention.

"Get in," I shouted, as I caressed my belly.

The door opened and revealed Karra, who was ready to take me on my early morning walk. She looked a little bugged and that concerned me.

"I saw Leon talking to Lady Daraa," she said as she approached me. "He is so pretentious-"

"She has every right to ask the guards about the security measures," I sighed, holding her arm. "And I am unclear on why you loathe him,"

"His aura is enough to irritate me!" Karra fretted, holding onto my arm tightly. "Where are we headed to, Your Grace?"

I sighed and had no interest in visiting the gardens. The weather ruined my mood. But the least I could do was simply walk around where no one was there.

I wanted to go to many places though. I wanted to see Lestor and play with him for a while. I wanted to visit the chamber where all the fascinating relics are kept. I wanted to stare at the ridiculous glistening armor that Xander's grandsire once wore in battle.

There is only so much we can do, isn't it?

.................................................................

I and Karra walked into the hallways and were chatting away about one thing or another. She did most of the talking and it was mostly about what she did in the kitchens. Or it was a complaint about men. I simply listened and barely paid attention to what was happening.