I See You

Fae'voila waited patiently, feet dipped into the water, as she hummed a tune she would be singing later for the tribe.
She did not take her eyes off the water, even as the pathway dipped with a new weight, a dark blue thigh pressing lightly against her own.

"Hey trouble, see me win?"

"Nobody won that, warrior." She turned, eyes analysing his injuries and still bleeding lip. "You always save but who saves you?"

Neteyam just looked at her a tilt to his head, her words seemed to resonate deep inside of him, before a teasing grin broke out,

"you saying you want to be the one to save me sunshine?"

She simply clicked her tongue impatiently, shaking her head now slightly flustered.
"Come foolish boy. I will clean you up."

She stood, not bothering to look if Neteyam was following, trusting that he was. They walked in silence to her own hut, which was placed on the grassy shore, instead of over the water like most of the village.

Opening her tent with a flick of her hand, Neteyam followed before she closed it after them.

"Sit, jungle boy."

He raised his eyes to watch her, busying herself with collecting rags and mixing a group of herbs into a bowl of water.

All in all, Neteyam had not come out of the fight all too bad. A split lip and slightly bruised ribs, however Fae'voila had gotten a brief glimpse of the others, and it was quite obvious who had come away worse, although out of muted respect for her tribe, she would not say it out-loud.

Fae'voila came and knelt between Neteyams legs a carefully blank look on her features as she lifted his face, dipping the rag and wiped the blood away, focusing on his lips - that seemed to be permanently seared into her mind.

She swallowed deeply, her eyes refusing to meet his burning gaze, eyes wide as he had free-range of looking at her, not having to hide his desire.

"Skxawng, dont look at me like that."

She shifted his face sharply, annoyed or scared by his open gaze and the pink blush invading her skin.

"Like what?" He smirked, a loc falling in front of her eyes, Neteyams chin still trapped between her two fingers.

Neteyam reached out a hand, moving her hair and tucking the braid back behind her ear, his hand lingering by her face. She could feel the electricity, suddenly her tent was too warm, the voices of the village people grew distant as she finally allowed her gaze to be captured by his.

Neteyam let his hand rest on her cheek, his thumb drawing circles under her large eyes.

"I see you." He murmured, voice raspy, "that is why i stare."

She sucked in a breath, as Neteyam took the bowl of water from her hands, placing it to the side of them, never once taking his eyes off her.

"You do not want me Neteyam. I have no family, i am no royal or warrior. I am restless and would be unfit for you, you can find better and you will."

The words hurt to say, a knife in her heart, She could not bare it as she began to turn away, only for the hand on her waist to tighten, the hand gently bringing her face to look at him once again.

"You do not get to tell me of what i do and do not want and then run. I know what i want, Fae'voila. But you must also want it too. You must also want me the way i want you."

She moved slowly as his words sunk in, each movement thought through as she placed both hands, open flat onto his shoulders, letting them slip slightly his chest. She watched her body as if it was moving on its own, ignoring the nervously amused look on Neteyams face, readjusting his grip on her waist anxiously.

Finally, she looked up, as she leaned closer, fae could feel Neteyams breath on her skin, it was just like when they first rode the ilu, all she could sense was Neteyam, as if the world began and ended with him.

His body was pushed up against her own, like he wanted every part of him to be with her. With his blue skin, and braided hair, his scent of wood and moss, those bright yellow eyes that had scorched countless holes in her skin. Marking her as his, to anyone who may see it differently.

His hand trailed down her side to her thigh, where he guided her to be sat over his lap, that tail of his winding itself around her ankle, Fae letting out a soft giggle as the tuft tickled her.

She let her forehead press against his, they were so close their breath was shared and in this moment everything felt like it fell into place.

She leant forwards, the sudden need to prove she wanted him they way he wanted her.
That maybe she needed him after so many years of needing no one.
And maybe she wanted to be needed to. Wanted to be wanted.

i need you

Her eyes fluttered shut, her full lips pressing against his stupid smirk.

"Fae'voila!"

A call from outside her tent caused her to back away quickly, eyes widening with unwelcome clarity,
"hide!"
She hissed, resulting in Neteyam huffing a laugh and laying down, pulling a quilt over him as Fae'voila threw a pillow at his face.
"oof, careful fish girl."
"Skxawng."

"Voila? You in there? I may have...done something."

"You did what to lo'ak?!"