06

_𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟼 ; 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍_

_
𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟼 ; 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍
_

𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐁𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐒, from her time as a nobleman's daughter to this day, where she was called vain and petty as a nun. There was a distinct dissonance from her times at tea parties and balls compared to the complete squalor she now lived with. And yet, some things never changed.

Even nuns and priests gossiped--she found it a bit amusing if anything. They spouted falsities and claimed to preach forgiveness and loving thy neighbor, but they weren't above the general population in terms of purity nor kindness.

She used to be at the top of the metaphorical social food chain. She was the last to arrive to the ball, the first one to dance, the one all of the other noble girls felt compelled to flatter... but as soon as her engagement was dissolved, she found herself faced with complete social scrutiny, and her father, in all of his compassion, sent her away to be a nun. She was only allowed to pack a suitcase worth of things, with the exception of money of which she was given nothing.

She had her rank stripped, and alas, now she had to live as a boring nun.

Admittedly, she hadn't been the best person. After years of being flattered by everyone beneath her status, which happened to be most people, she had grown to be a bit... egotistical and bratty, she could admit as much.

But somehow, on days like these, she found herself thinking, 'Well, at least I'm not as bad as them...'.

Amanda was sat in the church's dining room, which mostly consisted of rickety wooden tables and uncomfortable wood stools. She was sat with dozens of nuns dressed in stuffy garbs similar to her own, the cheap material irritating the skin on her arms, as she listened into their frankly boring conversation.

They were talking about the sudden increase in the church's budget due to all of the large donations coming in. Whilst their words were filled with gratitude and praise for the donor of such a large sum of money, Amanda knew that these were the same people that had shot the donor suspicious looks whenever she attended church.

What was her name again? (Y/N)...? (Y/N) (L/N)? Amanda was fairly well acquainted with most of the wealthier echelons of society due to her previous high status. And such a surname obviously struck her attention; just a few weeks prior a massive scandal had been plaguing high society pertaining to the (L/N) household.

Of course, none of the little nuns or priests here would be privy to such information... Amanda smirked a little, knowing she had a piece of the puzzle no one else knew even existed.

However, nothing for Amanda was simply allowed to be easy. No, that would be too splendid a convenience...

"Sister Amanda," the smooth, deep voice of Lucius rung out from behind her. He had a handsome voice, but rather than being able to admire it, she internally groaned at the hindrance trying to get her attention.