• (Common) Gear •

Some therians feel more connected to their theriotype/s when they have gear. Therian gear is of course always an option and is not mandatory to be a Therian.
Therian gear has a wide spectrum of types and uses. For example, therian gear can go from a necklace with the Theta-Delta symbol to (safe adhesive) glue-on teeth. Anything that brings you closer to the feeling of being your theriotype can be used as gear.
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The picture above is not mine but all rights are reserved for the rightful owner of the photograph

__

Tails; are one of the most common types of therian gear alongside a mask. A tail can help you with your possible "phantom limbs" or possibly any insecurities about not having a tail.

Types of Attachment Tails: strap-on (the tail is connected to a strap-on belt and can fit around your waist), a chain (the tail requires jeans/pants with belt loops to attach to), clip-on (these tails are attached to clips [plastic or metal] and can be attached to any type of pant/skirt seam or belt loop), a Velcro tail (these are quite rare to come by but are like the chain tails but with Velcro instead).

Types of Tail Material: string tails (these are rarely found in stores or when shopping but are more common by Therians who like to make their own tails/gear. Yarn tails are tails that are made like Pom-pom's), plastic tails (plastic tails are the most common type of faux tails, they look realistic and feel very similar to the real deal).

Types of Movement Tails: loose movement tails (these tails don't have a wire inside of them and allow for a flowing movement), stiff movement tails (these tails have a wire inside of them so you can adjust them to your liking and conformability. These are more common amongst Therians with tails in a particular shape [Ex. A squirrel's tail is in an "S" shape]), motionless tails ( these tails are permanently placed in a certain position and cannot be moved/meddled with).

Buying a Tail; is quite dangerous and you need to be very careful when you do so. A lot of tails are labeled as "faux" (fake) fur/hair/feathers/scales but are real. If you are going to buy a tail of any kind, it is an excellent idea to do some research on the company/business/brand you are buying from to make sure that you are not buying a real tail from a once-living animal. Many endangered species are depleted due to hunters who want their fur/hair/feathers/scales. Please be careful to not support them.
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The picture above is not mine but all rights are reserved for the rightful owner of the photograph

__

Masks; are one of the most common therian gear alongside the tail. Just like tails, there are many types of masks. Masks can also help with image insecurities and species dysphoria. Masks are great for customization because most can be stitched on, glued, painted, felted, furred, and added onto really quickly. Masks are great because it can be very easy to find a cheap but good quality/quantity mask(s) that won't bend or break.

Types of Mask Material: a paper mask (these masks are usually bought in white or black and have the feel of a mix between cardboard and paper, these are usually held to the face with an elastic string, these are paintable and glue absorbent. [Tip. You can spray a clear sealer over the finished mask to prevent water damage]), a plastic mask (these are stiff, will not bend, and made of plastic. Most of the time these are paintable), foam masks (these masks are most of the time paintable and waterproof, but they do tend to bend and snap easily).

Types of Mask Attachments: a string (these are fabric pieces that can be tied together for readjustment), elastic string (these are usually more flexible than fabric and allow some stretch to fit neatly around the head), velcro attachment (these are rare to come by. But some masks come with a velcro attachment. These are perfect for staying in place while doing quads, but can pull on your hair if it gets caught in it).
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Last Updated: Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Word Count: 753